Your car(s) name

I don't name my cars anymore, I just refer to them by make/model, body style and/or color.  In the past, I named only two I've had.  One was painted yellow so I named it "Mellow Yellow" (hey, it was the 60s :D).  The other had LOUD glass packs so I named it "Thunder Wagon."

We had two cars of the same make and model just one year apart in age. My better half named them and when asked what kind of a car she drove she would say the red car or the green car depending on which one she took. She’s a very smart lady and just loved to see the expression on peoples faces when she said that. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38dls (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Don't have all of them named but;

1951 Crosley Hotshot...My first Crosley- Norman after my best friend in College who first mentioned a Crosley to me

1948 Crosley Convertible- Jay, after a lifetime family friend

1950 Crosley Hotshot Super- Named Amelia by my wife who told me on the day we bought it that we would show it there someday!!  

My wife typically feels obligated to 'name' things, but I don't.  One semi-exception is my '67 Riviera, which was referred to as 'Goldie' by the PO.  I do sometimes use that name when talking about it (esp. with my wife)...

image.png.feb1516ab372d42473312bb4297f75b8.png

I had a prewar car with a cowl vent and the original knob on the lever was missing.  So just for fun, I put on one of those cheap chromed plastic skull shift knobs with the glowing red eyes - it just peeked out under the dash.  I never named the car but I did call the skull "Little Willy."  :lol:

On 10/19/2022 at 11:11 AM, Pilgrim65 said:

Beautiful car reminded me I’ve  only ever named one car ‘Ruby’my 1953 Buick special convertible , sadly sold to another member now

Pilgrim,

Thanks for your comment. Yours was (and I’m sure still is) an eye-catcher as well! Wife pointed out they’re nearly the same color red, and both convertibles! Sad that you sold it but I’m sure it is in another good home!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 11:12 AM, JACK M said:

I have a bad habit of making running commentary while I am by myself.

Embarrassing on occasion.

My kids think I am going off the deep end.

Jack,

I often do that, too. Sometimes it’s because I need another expert opinion.😉 My kids also think the same about me, and they’re probably partly (completely?) right!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I am creative:

The Silverado

The Avalanche

The white car

The Riviera

The convertible

The Chrysler

None of the cars have a sexual orientation, neutral gender pronouns only.

The wife and the kids have no problems knowing the car.

No self commentary, very little music. And for music I search out instrumentals of my favorites.

On 10/17/2022 at 4:57 PM, alsancle said:

This has come up before.   I don't want to offend any of my good friends here but cars are not boats.   The Cougar guys all name their cars after girls which caused me to sell my Cougars.

Well........since you're married to one, I bet she made you sell it. 

• Haha 2

The 30' DeSoto is named June Bug. I have no clue why but it just seemed to fit and everyone knows the car by that name.  

We are not brand loyal so we tend to tag our vehicles by the manufacturers name.