1934 Buick Sport Coupe - $50,000 - Goreville IL - Not Mine

I thought the price was really high, but I see its ACTUALLY original (as apposed to the typical "all original, painted twice and reupholstered once"). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOW now that's a find and an exceptional find at that!  This car is a bona-fide survivor judging by the handwritten history of the car.  If the wood is good shape the seller will get a good price for it. Too rich for my pocket book. Don't restore it but preserve it! 

• Like 2

When you’re trying to buy a good car, The last thing on the list of requirements is price.  There’s plenty of junk available for purchase. Go out and try to buy a good car.  

• Like 4

1934 and 1935 Buicks are the same body. I love all the side line experts that give their opinions of someone else's vehicle without even seeing it first hand.. Isn't that why if someone is interested in a car they go and see it or hire someone to inspect it for them? I didn't ask anyone to value it for me..  The true value is between a buyer and a seller.. 

• Like 1

Jeez-a-lou, don't be so thin skinned. It's a discussion forum, members have thoughts and opinions. It's not personal.

I know very little about most cars listed, so I find the discussion to be very educational and enlightening.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This is a great car and it's good to see that there are some well-kept gems out there. If I was on the hunt for something in this era and price range, I would opt for a restored car over an original. Even though this one looks amazing, original rubber seals, grommets, wiring, tank lining, fabric, etc do deteriorate over time. Regular use of this car may be fault free or a fix as you drive scenario.

• 1 month later...
On 7/29/2022 at 7:17 AM, supercub said:

This is a great car and it's good to see that there are some well-kept gems out there. If I was on the hunt for something in this era and price range, I would opt for a restored car over an original. Even though this one looks amazing, original rubber seals, grommets, wiring, tank lining, fabric, etc do deteriorate over time. Regular use of this car may be fault free or a fix as you drive scenario.

correct, but this one has been maintained and I also have replace rear sway bar bushings , rear shock link bushings, put new vent window rubber seals in, gas tank is clean, lots of many misalliance items have been attended to over the driving years..  So to through out negative ideas can detour anyone's possibilities of purchasing such a car...  My suggestion to anyone is Come And See it for your self and get the rear darn picture..  As someone said in all the above postings, You can buy junk a lot cheaper and then try to restore it.. Then what is the end result?  A higher cost and time.. 

• 5 months later...

If you have something that’s very special and unique it is possible to hold out for a strong price and win sometimes. In this case there was somebody that understood and appreciated a truly original car in that model.

Most of the time guys are asking twice what you can buy the same car for down the road. In that situation you can put a price on it and wait forever and nothing will ever happen.

• Like 2