Passing of Doug Ives

Larry Schramm

I'm terribly sorry to hear this, and wish his family love and peace in their grief.

I "knew" him only through the forums, and always enjoyed his zest for life and willingness to describe difficulties along the way along with his successes--this always stood out to me, as many of us including myself gloss over those obstacles if we mention them at all.  His genuine happiness in all aspects of the hobby came through loud and clear, as did his love of family.

• Like 3

I'm shocked and saddened by this news.  As Ben said, we knew he was going through a rough patch recently, but he never let on that it was life threatening.  He spent most of his time online talking about his cars and everyday things that were usually centered around helping friends or family.  Like others, I only 'knew' him through his posts , but I could tell he had a big heart and I wish that I had actually been able to meet him in person.  I'll miss hearing from him.  Rest in peace, Doug...

• Like 2

Thank you for sharing this shocking and sad news @Larry Schramm. I have pinned Dougs "Me and My Buick" thread to the top and encourage everyone to spend some time reading through it to see what a hard working, dedicated lover of his family, Buicks and the old car hobby he was. 

RIP Doug.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I am so sorry to hear this and very shocked. We met him at the Centennial meet in Flint in 2003 with his 58 Convertible and have kept in touch over the years. His car life mirrors mine and is very similar. He will be missed, condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.