Twenty '32 Fords at Van Der Brink Auction -- Oct 24th Hutchinson, KS

Hudsy Wudsy

2 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

I see a lot of others I would take before a '32 Ford.

George, I'm not fascinated by '32 Fords, although I do find them handsome. They do, however, hold an iconic position in the old car hobby, and as such are probably something of a bellwether in determining today's values and trends. 

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

George, I'm not fascinated by '32 Fords, although I do find them handsome. They do, however, hold an iconic position in the old car hobby, and as such are probably something of a bellwether in determining today's values and trends. 

Hudsy,

Bellwether or not, I'd look seriously at the old Corvettes for starters.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, George Smolinski said:

Hudsy,

I know that I'm going to embarrass myself here, but I pay so little attention to post war cars, that I didn't noticed them. Well, I guess that the Corvettes will be another reason to follow up on the auction results. It looks like we got seven inches here in sunny Edina. How bad was it where you are?

1 hour ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I know that I'm going to embarrass myself here, but I pay so little attention to post war cars, that I didn't noticed them. Well, I guess that the Corvettes will be another reason to follow up on the auction results. It looks like we got seven inches here in sunny Edina. How bad was it where you are?

The red '40 Ford coupe, all 3 C1 Corvettes, & the '59 Impala BEFORE I'd even consider a '32.

2 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

Hudsy,

I think the same. I may be wrong but with the current situation 1932 Ford buyers are getting to be a slim prospect vs. C1 (53-62 Corvette) buyers.

As iconic as a 32 Ford is most people that really want one already have one, and are not really in the market, unless they are selling due to circumstances.

The C1's will soon be suffering the same fate.

George, you're practically within walking distance of Jeff Perkins in Lakeland. Maybe I have a cockeyed view of other peoples tastes, but I thought that everybody wants to own Deuce coupe, but settles for a Model A or T. (That should bring Jeff into this conversation, LOL).

Why is it people seem to think we can't look at old cars without a bunch of racket in the background?

If it's so darned important why don't they save it for the auction?

Bunch of nice looking cars.  Wonder if you can check back later to see what they sold for?

43 minutes ago, Fossil said:

Why is it people seem to think we can't look at old cars without a bunch of racket in the background?

If it's so darned important why don't they save it for the auction?

Bunch of nice looking cars.  Wonder if you can check back later to see what they sold for?

Yes, you can. Here's a link:

https://www.vanderbrinkauctions.com/auction-results/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1