What do I have

as soon as I learn how to post pictures I will it’s a 1925 dodge Brothers wooden body with a tag that says built by Graham brothers every thing I read about it shows Cantrell body’s didn’t know Graham made wooden car body’s 

Pictures are easy.  Click on reply to this topic, bottom left says Drag files here to attach or choose files.  If it was an original post at bottom right it says insert other media.

Can’t believe someone would leave that outdoors like that. Looks like a great project. Slanted windshield is typically after 1920 or so. GB made the chassis and Cantrell the wooden body.  I have seen the wooden bodies have 2 bench seats behind the driver. The  delivery trucks were ‘screensides’ and had more metal in the rear than the wooden bodies - although the roof is very similiar.

On 7/12/2020 at 7:36 PM, Porsche 68 said:

as soon as I learn how to post pictures I will it’s a 1925 dodge Brothers wooden body with a tag that says built by Graham brothers every thing I read about it shows Cantrell body’s didn’t know Graham made wooden car body’s 

On this link about midway down on the right side you'll see the Suburban bodies. 

http://www.coachbuilt.com/bui/c/cantrell/cantrell.htm

oo1924-Dodge-Cantrell-ad-01.jpg

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Windshield doesn't lean back on screensides or commercial bodies. Judging by the wheels and tires I am guessing 21" which makes it probably a 1925. The emblem on the radiator shell looks to be DB, not GB.

More pics please!

• Like 1

Hello all to answer some questions first off The gentleman in the photo is the previous owners Mother’s boyfriend it’s nothing just a picture second  the sheet metal frame and everything else is in amazing condition the driver side rear fender is bent and cracked from the lawn maintenance people hitting it ( anybody have a good one) thrd I plan on getting the car running Saturday if all is well make it safe to drive new tires brakes whatever it takes rebuild the roof  and drive it every day I live 3/10 of a mile from work 🤣 

• Like 1

Also changed the oil and primed the pump yesterday today I got a 12 volt battery from work cranked it over 20 lbs of oil pressure!! All the lights work even the horn and have power at the coil  this is gonna be good!

I doubt 20 lbs. of oil pressure. Most four cylinder DBs are lucky to have about 3 or 4. Not sure where you found the car but if NY or Ohio I scanned a bunch of new car invoices and orders and they are posted on the DB club site. The sales contracts are from close to NYC. The orders are from Ohio. MIGHT get lucky and find the serial number and original owner. In the NY batch there are lots of station wagons, which is what this is called. 

Hi near chocolate town thank for the reply I found a dodge Brothers tag on th passenger side toe board hard to read but the chassis number is A 385095 I’ll get the engine number tomorrow Judging from a Piscataway New Jersey DPW parking permit front 78 79 it seems it was in Jersey for a while Owner bought it in Milford PA I bought it up the road from my house in Unionville New York the op gauge said 20 lbs cold cranking with 5/30 oil

That serial number says mid July 1925, which would make it a '26 series. The engine number should be about 50,000 less then the serial number. There is also a number stamped on the right half of the firewall. It is the body number which usually means the sequential number of that body style. It would be like the 199 station wagon built that year? Touring cars start with T, sedans with S, roadsters with R. I forget what the station wagons have, if anything. Let us know. It is pressure feed mains and dipper rods for the oil. Getting them running is the most fun! Be cautious. If you manually fill the vacuum tank it should run for quite a while. 

• Like 1

Well I got home from work cleaned and adjusted the points and plugs hooked up my gas  iv  pulled out the choke pushed on the starter it farted pushed in the choke and it started but ...... it ran like crap so I went on a fact finding mission #2 cylinder has no compression al the rest have 52 55 lbs  now I stuck my finger over the the spark hole had my friend crank it over not even the slightest whisper I think it has a stuck exhaust valve since there was no back firing through the carb. Going to take th valve cover off to confirm.     John

• Like 1

Good evening all well I was right took the side cover off #2 exhaust valve was stuck open sprayed some PB blaster down the spark plug hole in the direction of the valve and the spring and valve stem waited about an hour just tapped the spring with a plastic hammer and pop! Nice n free now took a compression test 50 53 lbs of .compression just like all the others . Tomorrow going to adjust the valves Got to figure out how to lean out the carb runs very rich 

• Like 3

Since it sat so long it might be good to use a little Marvel Mystery in the gas. 50 is good. There's explanations of the carb in another thread. The dashpot, looks like a mushroom, is known to stick. COULD be the source of being rich. If you didn't get the Book of Information, owner's manual,  with it you should get a copy. There is a list of them and edition numbers on the DBC site. You want the one printed right before your car was built to get the most correct info. Some years have 4 or 5 different manuals as DB did not have year end changes. You can either look for an original manual or get a copy from AACA library for a few dollars. They will need the edition number to copy.  

• Like 1

Evenin all Saturday got to adjust the valves clean and gap the points runs good now still can’t find the carb mixture screw got the left rear parking brake loosened up and drove it off the trailer! Brought it up to the garage filled it with water of course the water pump leaks 🤣 Sunday I spent the day greasing everything cleaned out 30 years of leaves old tarps and bees nests looks so much better took it for a drive up and down the driveway a couple of times shifted good and even the brakes work this truck is awesome!

0658C0FD-0D5E-4B87-9D7B-66EE3A16CE93.jpeg

• Like 4

Near chocolatetown and to all the posters thank you for explaining the choke on my truck when I said choke I thought a butterfly type of choke  I finally got it enriches flooding to start it found that the screw was turned almost all the way down backed out the screw pulled out the knob on the dash kinda figured out where it had to be started it ran it up to temperature made my adjustment now it runs smooth and has great acceleration  3lbs oil pressure runs cool and I took it out for its first drive  awesome!  Definitely needs tires😵

7CD942E1-5B61-446B-BB5B-A89FBE73FD69.jpeg

063C3E16-366C-4DD5-8F6B-EBC5109D288F.jpeg

COOL, sounds like you have it figured out. Not sure how you changed oil the first time. Did you take the pipe off and pull the screen to wash it? If not I would do that soon. Even if you did I would change soon and look carefully to see what's in the oil, chunks, flakes, etc. hopefully nothing but oil. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It’s been a couple of weeks now got the vacuum tank taken care of got a 5 gallon pail of 600 w steam cylinder lube did the trans and rear end cleand and adjusted the brakes. Went on a 4 1/2 mile drive runs drives shifts stops great! Tires are flat spotted. Now  this is what I have planned for the truck.... going to remove the roof and the four rear up rights that hold it and keep them for future reference. Make new shorter uprights to the top of the rails and build a new roof over the cab to basically make it a Cantrell bodied pickup. Everything I will be doing will be easily reversible. I want to keep in almost as found condition S I do plan on driving it everyday  please don’t hate me.

37B0436A-1A81-4268-AB1B-9CA0DD5B915A.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Porsche 68 said:

Make new shorter uprights to the top of the rails and build a new roof over the cab to basically make it a Cantrell bodied pickup. Everything I will be doing will be easily reversible. I want to keep in almost as found condition S I do plan on driving it everyday  please don’t hate me.

Just the opposite... I thank you for saving that truck from returning to the earth.  And even better, is that you will be using it every day.

I have a friend in his late 70s who up until a couple of years ago when he sold just a few, he had every single body style of those years of Dodge cars and trucks, including the same Cantrell woody, low mile, mint survivor that still had the original rare 3rd seat by the tailgate and all the original side curtains. 

He rarely ever drove any of them, he just likes having them.  He still has the 23 sedan that his father bought brand new, shown in this picture.  That's him as a child. He still owns the family farm that is where the pic was taken.

A few years ago, he found and bought the Dad's old neighbors 24 Dodge touring that the farming neighbor had also bought new from the same Dodge dealer.

100_0588.thumb.JPG.fec87aa3bd576524eb98489ba39c7591.JPG

• 1 year later...