CONGRATULATIONS! A RECORD

Thank You Steve, and to all who have contributed , commented and viewed the thread. I hope it has accomplished what I had intended it to - give everyone a bit of a calm period to deal with all that is going on. I so enjoy sharing the historic material, photographs, etc that I have collected and this has shown that a lot of you do as well. It is the spirit of the vehicles and the craftsman that made them  - the cars and trucks that we honor by taking the time to contribute, discuss, and share what we have. The sharing of what we have collected, preserves the history of vehicles that give us all untold pleasure. It is what AACA is all about !! It proves to me that the interest in earlier vehicles is as strong as ever. It has also shown that we are a community of enthusiasts of the strongest order. If it weren't for some close friends of mine contributing what they have in their collections or access to and taking the many hours to do so the thread would not be what it has become - thank you A.J., John, Tim, Colin , Ed and so many others.

I have had so many contacts because of this , thank you all again, it makes me so proud to be among you. All of us have put this together, and AACA being the host should always be viewed with great respect for making that possible.

Walt Gosden

Floral Park, NY.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

Knowing how stingy many friends are about sharing photos for a multiple list of good reasons, I think this is the best thread I have ever seen on a website. Two thumbs up for Walt, and all the contributors. A truly remarkable piece of work that has never before been assembled.......and probably will never be equaled ever again. Bravo! Ed Minnie. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This topic has been and continues to be a feast for those of us who can't get enough of the rarities and obscurities that comprise so much of automotive history.  Thanks to all who have so generously contributed, know that it is greatly appreciated. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Walt for all your contributions.

They have made the last few months of "lock down" tolerable, and we've also learned a lot.

Your trophy is in the mail...................

Mike in Colorado

• Like 2

Thank you Walt,

Your decades of research, volumes of documentation, desire to share and to educate -

these speak volumes as to your character, and to your status, not only in our hobby, but to whom you really are.

Our community joins me in thanking you, not only for this amazing thread, the contents, and what you've managed to get the rest of us to provide,

but more so for what you've continued to accomplish during your many years of doing so.

Wishing you many more years to be able to continue fighting the good fight, serving the community as historian, and just being the "Good Guy" we have come to know.

Marty

• Like 1

Ditto to all of the above, this thread has been my morning coffee companion for past couple of months and presented some wonderful rare cars and certainly lots of photos I've never seen. Thanks to all who contributed, there are probably hundreds more great photos yet to see. 

• Like 2

Geez everyone - thanks so much, I am at a loss for words. A lot of people have contributed to this thread, they deserve the credit as well. 

What I have done over the past few months and over the previous decades is 'just what I do'. that's all. I like to share the history, be it by something like this thread with photographs or the written word , it makes some people happy and most of all honors those hard working people who made the cars and trucks in the first place. I have been very fortunate in getting and early start to be interested in what happened and who made it happen. In my 20s I was able to talk to Rudy Creteur ( who was the head of Rollston/Rollson Body Co.) on a regular basis, to Howard Carey who was a Franklin test car driver .His recollections made the hair on my head ( when there was some more there ) stand up on end.  Just so much information , stories etc. it should all be out there for everyone to enjoy and be aware of how it really was ' in the era' Thank you all for being so kind and generous with your comments .

Walt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gunsmoke said:

Ditto to all of the above, this thread has been my morning coffee companion for past couple of months and presented some wonderful rare cars and certainly lots of photos I've never seen. Thanks to all who contributed, there are probably hundreds more great photos yet to see. 

If there are hundreds more to come,  Walt should publish this thread as a book.......I would most certainly buy it.