Fall Meet Slides From Years Gone By

AACA Library

The AACA Library has been scanning & sharing hundreds of slides from Fall Meets of the past.  Earliest folder is 1961 and the most recent will be 1981.  A few year-folders are released each day on our Facebook page and you can view them here:

1961:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/AACALibrary/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159461622278294

1962, 1963 & 1964:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/AACALibrary/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159466303878294

1965, 1966, & 1967:  
https://www.facebook.com/pg/AACALibrary/photos/?tab=album&album_id=10159470904793294

Two more Albums will become available over the next two days and I will share the links when available.

ID the cars, people and maybe you'll even see someone you know.  Enjoy!!

-Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

THANK YOU! Glad I can view them without joining Facebook. Bob 

Please don't rely only on Facebook to promulgate your slides.

I don't belong, and never will--and Facebook puts up a big

banner at the bottom of the screen that blocks a full third of the

screen.

Bob, if you can see everything without the interference, let us know how!

• Like 1

I hope 1968 is in the next album, I might be in one of the pictures! I started collecting the aerial views of the Fall Meet from the first year I attended, 1968. It's amazing to compare the difference from year to year. 

6 hours ago, Steve Moskowitz said:

The club will always use all means at its disposal to promote the hobby and the club including Facebook,  YouTube, this forum and other forms of social media as available to us.  Our goal is to be multi-media. 

Can they still be put on a medium others can see them on.

I do not use face book either, and would like to see them.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Please don't rely only on Facebook to promulgate your slides.

I don't belong, and never will--and Facebook puts up a big

banner at the bottom of the screen that blocks a full third of the

screen.

Bob, if you can see everything without the interference, let us know how!

I just clicked on the link Steve posted. If posting photos on this Forum was as easy we would be over run with photos of old events...…………………… Maybe I just discovered the reason they don't want to make posting photos easy. Clever how they hid that right in plain sight. Bob 

The photos are fabulous and bring back such great memories.  I've seen a lot of cars I recognize including Edgar Rohr's Rohr.

Although 70 was the first year I was able to attend, I heard a lot of stories about it before then from some of the old timers who got me started in this great hobby.  Just wish there were a few more pics of the swap meet back then.  Notice how a lot of people are really dressed up for the occasion. Coats, ties, fancy clothes wherever you look. 

Keep the photos coming-

Terry

• Thanks 1

Thank you for the batch of 1969 -1973 Hershey shots, great to see the Dr. Williamson Type 35 Bugatti GP car again along with many other fine cars I remember from my early days of Hershey. When I close my eyes and think about Hershey these were the Golden Years of the event, always were, always will be. Bob 

91371290_10159475632943294_7758822484232634368_o.jpg

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looking at that Mud sure brings back memories of 1976, the year of the really BAAAAD mud.  There were a few years that came close but none that rival that one. 

Terry

On 3/27/2020 at 11:23 AM, Steve Moskowitz said:

The club will always use all means at its disposal to promote the hobby and the club including Facebook,  YouTube, this forum and other forms of social media as available to us.  Our goal is to be multi-media. 

They are all universes unto themselves, we don't know what they are saying, and they don't know if the Forum exists. Maybe they are all Chevy people and it really doesn't  matter. Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, 1937hd45 said:

They are all universes unto themselves, we don't know what they are saying, and they don't know if the Forum exists. Maybe they are all Chevy people and it really doesn't  matter. Bob 

I discovered this forum from being part of the Facebook group. I was enjoying what I was reading there and decided to investigate the actual website. I saw Forum and signed up within a matter of a few minutes. It's been a part of my daily routine ever since, even though I admittedly have a lot less knowledge to offer than most of the people on here. 

41 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Random is a good word for it.  The forum is a topical organized database which is easily searched for years of information.  Facebook is an awesome place for people to post pictures of their grandkids.

There is a fear of every dirt bag on Facebook finding your kids.