Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

31 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Same belt moulding as the Miss Crabtree car, yet this one has Amelia Earhart in photo 

Amelia Earhart: The Iconic Aviatrix - The Henry Ford

Mg Car Stock Pictures, Royalty-free Photos & Images - Getty Images

Yep. Another 1929 Chrysler Model 75.

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Does that have the goofy ornament we were talking about.    First time ever I saw it on a car.

duesenberg-hood-ornament-franklin_1_c36c431635e30b6e0eeb3a8357dcb423.jpg

J-444 First saw it at the Ridgefield Meet, always liked the looks of it. What does the orniment look like up close? Bob 

55 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

Attention:  We just hit 100 pages !!!

My sincerest thanks to all of you for contributing to and reading this thread, you obviously keep coming back for more. So many of you  have posted such great period photographs - I would be remiss if I did not note my long time friends Tim Martin of Vt. John Mereness of Ohio, Bob Swanson of Ct. and A.J. San Clemente of Mass. . All the photo contributions are important and a real education , automobile and vehicle eye candy on the computer! I have not posted many photographs here perhaps a dozen, it is all of you who deserve the credit. My thanks to AACA for allowing this and going with the idea of seeing that period material is made available to all. It shows a great sense of community of characters ( yes admit it we are characters!) who are very very committed to automotive history.

Thanks to the monitors who look over all this stuff too. To quote one of my favorite people ( Mr. Oliver Norville Hardy) as I have done before " here's another fine mess you've gotten us into". Keep well all, I hope by the time Hershey rolls around we are all safe , well and can have a few words of friendship in person.

Walt

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Walt G said:

My sincerest thanks to all of you for contributing to and reading this thread, you obviously keep coming back for more. So many of you  have posted such great period photographs - I would be remiss if I did not note my long time friends Tim Martin of Vt. John Mereness of Ohio, Bob Swanson of Ct. and A.J. San Clemente of Mass. . All the photo contributions are important and a real education , automobile and vehicle eye candy on the computer! I have not posted many photographs here perhaps a dozen, it is all of you who deserve the credit. My thanks to AACA for allowing this and going with the idea of seeing that period material is made available to all. It shows a great sense of community of characters ( yes admit it we are characters!) who are very very committed to automotive history.

Thanks to the monitors who look over all this stuff too. To quote one of my favorite people ( Mr. Oliver Norville Hardy) as I have done before " here's another fine mess you've gotten us into". Keep well all, I hope by the time Hershey rolls around we are all safe , well and can have a few words of friendship in person.

Walt

John has posted at least 50% of this thread all on his own.

• Like 2