Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

There was a 1929 or so Lasalle Coupe that was converted into a wrecker by the Wilton Garage, sat on Rt 7 here in Connecticut for years, phone number was No.1. It turned up at Hershey 20 years ago, think it even made Old Cars Weekly. One of those memories that is burnt into my memory, sure would be nice to have a photo. Bob 

1 hour ago, 1937hd45 said:

There was a 1929 or so Lasalle Coupe that was converted into a wrecker by the Wilton Garage, sat on Rt 7 here in Connecticut for years, phone number was No.1. It turned up at Hershey 20 years ago, think it even made Old Cars Weekly. One of those memories that is burnt into my memory, sure would be nice to have a photo. Bob 

It was a 1932 LaSalle...........ended up in a friend’s collection in Springfield Mass for a while. He traded or sold it to a friend/dealer, and I believe he sent it to the auction at Owls Head about ten years ago. It started life as a sedan. It was very well done.

• Like 3

James Whale 1932 with 1931 Cadillac Series 370 V-12 Cabriolet sporting accessory wire wheels, sidemount spare tires, metal side mount spare tire covers, and a goddess mascot .  Also sporting whitewalls (I cannot identify the brand on the whitewall) and a California "Good Roads" badge on the stoneguard.

James Whale 1932

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 2