Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

20 hours ago, coachJC said:

LA1929PierceArrow2.jpg

This is out of a famous photo collection and best I could tell from the series of photos was that this was a " chauffeur provided rent a car - livery" in the Los Angeles area (the fellow also did dealer photography, funeral home adverting photography (for a busienss with heavy PA usage) , accessory photography, and Pilot Ray photography too - so could have been for another purpose just as easily) - The car I would guess is a base model 7 passenger and as you note carries base equipment wooden wheels and lacks an archer mascot, but does have sidemounts, sidemount mirrors, non fender mounted headlamps, and a Pilot Ray driving lamp.  On the headlamp cross bar is a California "Good Roads" badge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Doozer said:

Are these chrome wire wheels on a Dodge Brothers?

4B2D71AE-FFE5-4647-A5CB-0FD831D64A66.jpeg

Yes, Huppmobile's and I am guessing the wheels are light color painted with chrome lock rings and that there is an overhead light not too far from the car giving the impression of chrome wheels  - the 4 door sedan does have accessory metal spare tire covers too. 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/29/2020 at 3:11 AM, edinmass said:

The open Lincoln could also possibly be Brunn. Either way, very neat car.

Ed, I looked at that photo a good couple of times and then took a "guess" at Dietrich, so today went out to see what I could find - and I found this brochure.

img4836_73101.jpg

B1249000-C098-40C5-B86B-0BD375826175.jpeg

• Drag files here to attach, or choose files... 
    Accepted file types gif, jpeg, jpe, jpg, png · Max total size 9.77MB
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, LCK81403 said:

1919 Ford Model T with a Knickerbocker Unit.  I came across this photo recently and realized that a friend has a set of these Knickerbocker tractor wheels lying outside his house for "yard art".  He is a Model T guy and I am pretty sure he doesn't know what his yard art actually is.

19 Ford T tractor Clymer Scrapbook Ford T p81.JPG

Knock your fillings loose - a pleasue I am sure

36 minutes ago, 23hack said:

96.jpg?1588262808Billie Haines '20s and '30s Hollywood actor. I cannot identify the car, but have seen the headlamps recently on line. Great Hollywood photo.

This is a Stutz and I am thinking given the M on the license that this is a manufacture plate (notice also Stutz(s) in background.

I am leaning toward an M Series with a LeBaron body  

Just now, Walt G said:

The headlamps on the 1930 Stutz touring car were made By Ryan and referred to as Ryanlites.  They were also used by Franklin in 1929 on their series 135 and 137 cars.

I had those Ryanlites on my 1929 Franklin 135 series six wire wheel sedan.

25 minutes ago, John_Mereness said:

image.thumb.png.eb992e6ecb5af66bac91e2cabda4e077.png

Yep, a Full Classic service truck/wrecker is absolutely my next purchase. The scruffier, the better, but mechanically sound. I'm even looking at forlorn, unloved '20s sedans and limousines to perhaps make my own. I can't wait to show up to CCCA events with it and watch everyone get all bent out of shape. A Pierce would be awesome!

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)

1 minute ago, 1937hd45 said:

image.thumb.png.ee84e89a1b88c3325a5eddbdf9f98ae9.png

That is a very early 1928 Ford Fordor, note the vent on the cowl, it was on the drivers side only. Bob 

Looks to have been rear-ended, too by the look of those fenders.

23 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Yep, a Full Classic service truck/wrecker is absolutely my next purchase. The scruffier, the better, but mechanically sound. I'm even looking at forlorn, unloved '20s sedans and limousines to perhaps make my own. I can't wait to show up to CCCA events with it and watch everyone get all bent out of shape. A Pierce would be awesome!

I remember going over to friends and the best garage spot was taken up by a 1947 Ford Wrecker, while the second best garage spot was a Bugatti 57 Gangloff, and the third best spot was a 1929 Lincoln Tophat limousine - "Hey, have I ever really shown you my Ford Wrecker ?"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

Matt....guess who has a real one.........🤔

Ours was built from a 1930 Pierce Series A. ( Big engine, long chassis) Done professionally in Rochester New York in 1937 by a body shop & parts store. It went missing in the 50's and over the years people went looking for it. They knew it survived the war. It fell off the early collectors radar and made its way to Canada. We found it there in 2005, and went to get it. It was quite an adventure to make the deal and recover it. Long story short, we are in process of restoring it. We are about 40 percent done. Overall it has good build quality and very good lines. I don't have any photos on the computer. Best, Ed

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Matt Harwood said:

As soon as I saw the P-A wrecker I thought of Matt H. I figured he would order one up. Matt do you want the optional crane for

$147.50 more.

Just now, Doozer said:

As soon as I saw the P-A wrecker I thought of Matt H. I figured he would order one up. Matt do you want the optional crane for

$147.50 more.

Yes, please. Where do I sign?

Ed, any chance you could shoot some photos? I'd love to see it and I'm collecting photos in case I need to figure out how to build my own. Thanks!

• Like 2