Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

Parade of two International "Jungle Yachts" on Times Square, with newsreel cameramen on top of cars in front of the procession. The "Jungle Yachts" were specially produced by International Harvester for one of Commander Attilio Gatti's expeditions to the African Congo.

Parade of two International "Jungle Yachts" on Times Square, with newsreel cameramen on top of cars in front of the procession. The "Jungle Yachts" were specially produced by International Harvester for one of Commander Attilio Gatti's expeditions to the African Congo.

On 5/1/2020 at 11:56 AM, Matt Harwood said:

What is Miss Crabtree driving? I always wondered about that but forgot about it until I saw this photo. When I was a kid I thought it was a Buick, but can anyone identify for certain? That dip in the molding looks like maybe a 1931 Chevrolet.

1929 Chrysler Model 75 roadster. I should have kept mine.

Up Date on Miss Crabtree. The car is a 1929 Chrysler Model 75 Roadster. It was in the short, "Teachers Pet". John, if you google it you should be able to find more pics of the car from the side view. It has the narrow chrome radiator used on the 29,30 Chryslers.

June Marlowe

June Marlowe (born Gisela Valaria Goetten, November 6, 1903 – March 10, 1984) was an American film actress who began her career during the silent film era. She was best known for her performance of "Miss Crabtree" in the Our Gang shorts

6 minutes ago, alsancle said:

Does that have the goofy ornament we were talking about.    First time ever I saw it on a car.

duesenberg-hood-ornament-franklin_1_c36c431635e30b6e0eeb3a8357dcb423.jpg

It is more of a Hispano Suiza stork - you see it on a lot of the earlier Duesenbergs - my guess a dealer thing or what they gave you when you asked for an ornament prior to the lightening bolt being designed 

2 hours ago, John_Mereness said:

Bob Hope 1955

Chevrolet sponsored The Bob Hope Show in 1955, and 56.  Bob Hope had a deal with the sponsor  that they would supply him with a car or cars.  He didn't care about the make or model, as long as he was provided a car.

• Like 1