Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

10 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

You can lay eyes on it at the Forney Transportation Museum in Denver, Colorado.  Its an early 1920's Hispano-Suiza H6 chassis bastardized into the hideous form you see here as a movie prop.  Quite a travesty to do to such a fine car. 

This....

FE_Hispano1.jpg

• Like 2

The Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic May Be the Most Valuable Car in the ...

Thanks John, I've never see this photo of the car. Summer of 1971 or 1972 it arrived at the shop I worked at after setting a new World's Record for a car sold at auction. As the side door of the Passport truck opened I turned to a coworker and askes "Were do you find $65,000. to spend on a car?" The car went out west for a full restoration that allowed it to win Best in Show at Pebble Beach, today it is the center piece in the Mullin Collection. Bob 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, twin6 said:

Speedy.JPG

snow.jpg

stripped 3.jpg

The picture just above is a speedster made from a Lozier.  Looks to be a four cylinder, probably a Model 46 as evidenced by the coil that extends into the engine area, (look at the top of the firewall).  Obviously non original Lozier fenders.  I would love to obtain any Lozier parts from this or any other Lozier chassis!  This has a T-head motor.  The Gemmer steering column and steering wheel are evidenced too.  The horn is not factory, but the seats appear to be correct for a Briarcliff.

Edited by Lozierman (see edit history)
  • Like 2