Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

The giant wooden model of the 1931 Studebaker roadster.  It lasted for many years but eventually was burned by the company as it got too outdated.  Also, a modern Zippy cartoon of the car. from December 2004.  There is a video available of the Studebaker band playing music from the car, though I can't find it today.

31giant_roadster_sm.thumb.jpg.777245b2dcfea5e90d03c78509107a95.jpg

Zippy_31Stude_122204_color.gif.eaf2ecf6e75df25f22323bc9d96ad8fc.gif

As consolation, here is one old video of the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3muLAOy_lDk.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Gary_Ash said:

The giant wooden model of the 1931 Studebaker roadster.  It lasted for many years but eventually was burned by the company as it got too outdated.  Also, a modern Zippy cartoon of the car. from December 2004.  There is a video available of the Studebaker band playing music from the car, though I can't find it today.

31giant_roadster_sm.thumb.jpg.777245b2dcfea5e90d03c78509107a95.jpg

As consolation, here is one old video of the car:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3muLAOy_lDk.

Wildflowers video link--------->   

Craig

• Like 2

Craig

thanks for finding that - WOW , talk about images of the era!

Thanks Again to all of you who are taking the time and making the effort to share the images you have or have located.

AACA is about the acknowledgement , recognition and preservation of older vehicles, and I am so happy that so many of you have embraced this thread and the Forums.

I started it in hope that it may make a few people feel good and drift away from the stress that we are all having to cope with - I think that has happened to a great extent

and hope it continues.

Try to remember it is because of the efforts of AACA that we have the pleasure to view what we see here.

Keep well, stay safe all.  And always remember all we do is have an interest in old used cars! ( and trucks etc etc)

Walt

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

John M....... You posted a photo of a 1936 ? Judkins V windshield? Lincoln in front of a very fancy building.  Its the photo's that has a caption "The Henry Ford". Any more info on this car or its location? Thanks, Jim

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/digital-collections/artifact/135192

Lincoln Judkins Two-Window Berline Automobile, 1935

Summary

For 1935, Lincoln offered its Model K in four factory-built body styles. Customers could also choose from available styles by coachbuilders Brunn, LeBaron, Judkins and Willoughby. Series 541 cars were built on a 136-inch wheelbase, while Series 301 cars measured 145 inches. Styling changes gave the 1935 models a rounder, smoother appearance. Total model year production was 1,411 units.

Artifact Photographic print
Date Made 12 February 1935
Subject Date 12 February 1935
On Exhibit
By Request in the Benson Ford Research Center
Object ID
P.833.62110
From the Collections of The Henry Ford. Gift of Ford Motor Company.

Lincoln Judkins Two-Window Berline Automobile, 1935 - The Henry Ford

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)