Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

I don't know, guys.  I'll vote for a LaSalle.  The radiator shroud, the round badge on a headlight support bar in front of the radiator, plus the bumper looks like a 1930 LaSalle Model 340.

1317925174_KeyWestcauseway-20roadster.jpg.d6e89d8f549ef74aacff394201e91ad8.jpg

30 LaSalle 340 08-18.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/11/2020 at 9:51 PM, 34LaSalleClubSedan said:

Golf Great Gene Sarazen and wife with their 1930 Packard. Rank as one of the top 10 golfer's of all time. 

Looking at this with my non-Packard-expert eye, I am thinking this could be a '31 Packard.  I'm just looking at the wheels.  I could be wrong though.

Rolls-Royce Phantom II with coachwork by Thrupp & Maberly. Note the full metal spare tire covers, fender skirts, wheel discs, spotlight . Judging by the lower level of the top and especially at the raked angle at the rear , the back window had to be absolutely tiny.

RRphantom2ThruppMaber001.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

QUACK - this comes from a ca. 1910 report about a "new automobile body turned out by a motor car company of Dayton, Ohio " It was noted it was called a "duck boat" "because of its peculiar shape." It had only one door on the left side front . The occupant of the single rear seat enters thought the door and passes between the two front seats . "Mud aprons , attached to the fenders , protect the lamps and radiator from being splashed by the mud thrown up by the front wheels". Never stated what would happen to the passengers in the car with the low profile body sides , no windshield, no top. SO OK , I give you this to view and it is up to you to comment on the "Duck Boat" .

Hope to hear from Huiey, Dewey, and Louie as well as their uncle Donald and aunt Daisy ( not to mention cousin Daffy)  .  But don't want to leave my friends Ed and Matt out either so come on fellows what do you have to say? Hey - this is Automotive History!!!!!

DUCKboatbody001.jpg

Edited by Walt G
typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/14/2020 at 10:29 AM, Walt G said:

Hard to determine the chassis from the angle could be Minerva or White.

Not a White...........🤔

On 10/14/2020 at 4:22 PM, twin6 said:

Vehicles on the Pike's Peak highway that look like Whites.

breakdown.jpg

Pikes Peak snow.jpg

The White bus looks alike a 15 or 16.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John_Mereness said:

121192328_10159173354997189_7196862823397973358_n.jpg

His wife sure is ugly.......must be from West Virginia!

She’s not too baaaaaaad...........where the men are men, and the sheep are scared!

Lets see if this gets me warning points or a time out........no complaints Peter. 👍

Comments courtesy of Crown Royal!

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2