Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

This car has survived......and I tried to purchase it twenty years ago.........no luck. It’s now down a deep, dark hole form which it will never emerge.

2795522E-E11E-4178-A391-4BA5648DF822.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 9/28/2020 at 7:50 PM, edinmass said:

This is great........

64398778-2925-444C-9116-ABCB08E9C984.png

Wow!  I never thought that open touring cars would have been transported for days/weeks on open rail cars with no protection from the elements.  They must have been a mess when arriving at the dealerships.  

• Thanks 1

2795522E-E11E-4178-A391-4BA5648DF822.png

Ed, That Cunningham could be featured in another thread "GOOD LOOKING CARS FROM THE 1920's" if you care to start it. Sorry it is now lost. Great stack of photos you have been posting, sure would be nice to ID the cars and buildings in the back ground. Bob 

Bob, I never learned how to properly do computers.......so 99 percent of my photos do not have any notes with them.......

33 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Bob, I never learned how to properly do computers.......so 99 percent of my photos do not have any notes with them.......

I can relate to that. Really like to find someone to explain an !Phone without obscenities'. 

Bob

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, George Cole said:

Wow!  I never thought that open touring cars would have been transported for days/weeks on open rail cars with no protection from the elements.  They must have been a mess when arriving at the dealerships.  

The upholstery had been walking around for 2-3 years, I don't see a problem. 

Bob 

Edited by 1937hd45 (see edit history)
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, 1937hd45 said:

The upholstery had been walking around for 2-3 years, I don't see a problem. 

Bob 

The clean up would have been a pain......probably still being hauled by a coal burner. Add in the normal dirt and grime from the rail yards........

• Like 1

9 hours ago, edinmass said:

The clean up would have been a pain......probably still being hauled by a coal burner. Add in the normal dirt and grime from the rail yards........

Exactly!  That was my point...all elements of open rail freight.  And just because the leather upholstery had been alive at some point in time doesn't make it impervious to damage.  Sewn with waterproof thread?  And how about the primitive electronics?  All of it waterproof?  Those brand new cars weren't brand new anymore.

• Like 1

Am I mistaken or did the last several posts just go completely off topic? would these be better in the Memorabilia a Guide to View?  There are already spark plugs posted there

and the radios ? The one radio that was indeed in the back of the Cunningham sedan should stay with the photo of the car but the others ?????

Anyone else feel the way I do? Title of this thread since it was started in March is
Period photographs"..............................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The great thing here is there is almost never any bad intent........when I posted off topic, I didn't realize what thread I was posting in, somehow the main screen was in another format, which I only figured out after Walt's comments. It was set up with all the junk on the right, and comments on the left. Another instance of upgrades to the site that I never knew were done....until I accidently hit the different format button.

• Like 1

OK my friends all is good! Today I am sharing a few obscurities and will give you a day to decide what they are - one hint - they are all European.

Give us your thoughts . I know a few of you are most likely thinking - where does he find this stuff? I have been collecting over half a century, had friends who were knowledgeable looking for me in Europe as well as the USA for decades.  In England when I visited there I had access to collections that made me aware that some cars and coach builders even existed. I REALLY ENJOY sharing what I have managed to acquire , thanks to AACA I can.

Walt

KellnerMINERVA001.jpg

FrazerNashLeMansreplica003.jpg

OPEL193parissalon001.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The last of the three is a 1937-'39 Opel Admiral four door cabriolet, this body style a factory standard offering, although its styling suggest a coachbuilder designer input.  The reason these stick in mind is the similarity to the 1938-'39 Hupmobile E & H series with the headlights integrated into the hood-sides.  Wonder who copied who?

• Like 1