Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

On 2/11/2023 at 2:43 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Good shot of winter traffic scene in DC during this era (1913)

AASSxQH.img?w=1920&h=1080&q=60&m=2&f=jpg

I don't know what the snazzy roadster is, but I like it!

The car ahead of it appears to be a model T Ford touring car with crowned rounded fenders and the three window/lights top. Those details date the car as a very late 1917 or later car. 
So not 1913.

Regardless 30DodgePanel, thank you for posting so many great photographs!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wayne sheldon said:

I don't know what the snazzy roadster is, but I like it!

The car ahead of it appears to be a model T Ford touring car with crowned rounded fenders and the three window/lights top. Those details date the car as a very late 1917 or later car
So not 1913.

Good call Wayne. 
I don't know much about the era and fully expect correction if I'm wrong. 
Thank you.

That rear window sure is different isn't it?.

I wonder who the top manufacturer was.

The ones I've seen in passing have never had the oval shape with a crossed sash in the center.. 

I always guess Templar and I'm always wrong. Shows you how much I know about that era, especially the roadsters ;) 

Here's the car Wayne and I are curious about, if anyone recognizes it please input.

I'm reposting here so you don't have to flip back and forth for easier viewing

image.png.b283bab92721bd25b66332ae8c2d5a0c.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 4:56 PM, HK500 said:

31 Lincoln K - big round headlights but no thermostatic hood vents like on the KB's  - and by Rollston based on the doorhandles and what I can make out of the body tag.

All 1931 Lincolns are K models with hood louvers.  The KA/KB distinction and hood vent doors came about in 1932 when the fork and blade V-12 was introduced to differentiate between the V-8 and V-12.

3 hours ago, keiser31 said:

1929 Essex hub caps and cowl.

And everything else, except for the commercial body. The owners of this one, restored in the early '90s, live only a few minutes from me and are Essex nuts. They also have the 1920 Pikes Peak Special, and a 1920 touring car on wire wheels, both of which were restored in the 1980s. I guess they are not getting any younger and the Dover gives them a closed car option for colder weather.

29 D0VER Dover Express VCC Cant sm 1019.jpg

20 ESXMAD Essex G Shasky Windsor Rally 20 Kelly Findlay photo.jpg

20 RF1920 Essex G&K Shasky 0216 Joe Wallace Flickr.jpeg

• Like 4

The Railway Hotel, Winton, Southland, New Zealand, probably circa 1925.

Any thoughts what the light coloured touring car with the California top might be?

I think the Buick is a 1924 four cylinder, although that model was standard with a painted radiator.

The car on the left in front of the T is also a mystery.

The hotel is still there. I found streetview shots from August '19 and October '22.

232 Gt Nth Rd Winton.jpg

232 Gt Nth Rd Winton crop.jpg

232 Gt Nth Rd Winton crop 2.jpg

Aug 19.jpeg

Oct 22.jpeg

29 minutes ago, Bob Barrett said:

I found this picture while digging through my files the other day. It's noted that it came from a publication called "Antique Week", so credit to them for the image. My notation says 1914, near Tiffin, Ohio. I don't recognize the auto. Do you?IMG_0615.jpeg.6d5e156bf8abcd5dc9e4c9ce833ef6d9.jpeg

1913 Rambler

Craig

• Like 2

On 2/12/2023 at 10:39 AM, 30DodgePanel said:

Can't be many of these remaining (if any).

Guessing it's a late 1920's Dover panel or possibly sedan delivery model.

image.png.0ebd77a5ca135cfd60389875d820ce6b.png

Can't get over how the cowl body line doesn't mate up with the door body lines! Were they all this way?

Howard Dennis

22 minutes ago, 8E45E said:

1913 Rambler

Craig

Thanks Craig! It has an odd looking radiator. Do you know if they came with shutters on them, or might it be a winter front of some kind? Maybe just a core with curved rows of tubes/fins? These eyes just aren't as sharp as they used to be. 

Posted by Scott Turner on a facebook page.

Original caption - "Plusieurs dames à l'air grincheux se rassemblent avec un Pierce Arrow avec des plaques d'immatriculation de 1919, bien que je ne sache pas où. Une oie surplombe la scene. Photo souple de ma collection." - 😉😀

On line translation - "Several grumpy-looking ladies gathering with a Pierce Arrow with 1919 license plates, although I don't know where. A goose is storming the stage. Soft pic from my collection"

What model is the Pierce?

May be a black-and-white image of 1 person and outdoors

• Like 1

14 hours ago, hddennis said:

Can't get over how the cowl body line doesn't mate up with the door body lines! Were they all this way?

Howard Dennis

Doubt it. Somewhere I have another Essex panel (might be a different year) that looks smooth compared to this one. 

Another thing I noticed about the photo was how the tail lamp appears to be suspended in mid air without being connected to any kind of real bracing. I see the bracket but it seems like the wires are the only thing holding it upright. 

image.png.3b835f8585b59c731c4c57004cc613a4.png

Edited by 30DodgePanel (see edit history)
  • Like 3

On 2/7/2023 at 11:00 AM, Grimy said:

@edinmass Looks like a 1930 Model A (144" wb) but those auxiliary lights are smaller, like 1929s?

With the small parking lights and the the ground edges of the bumpers I would say 1929, I would expect to be seeing rounded edges on those front bumpers for a 1930. 1930 model C would be the only car that had small parking lights for 1930.