Period images to relieve some of the stress

Walt G

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Fun fact.  From when they were "cheap" I would own either a Porsche 356 Speedster,   an early open Ferrari or a Lamborghini Miura (or all three) if not for my dad yelling in my ear that open big Classics were a much better idea.   I said in another thread how my dad talked me out of hundreds of stupid ideas,  but this was the one where he probably wasn't right.

Ferrari.jpg

Dads are like that — it’s are job! 

• Like 1

This photo is from TheOldMotor.com but I thought it was just too cool not to share. 90 Series Buick coupe towing a slick looking trailer. Check out those heavy-duty wheels on the Buick and the extra-wide rear fenders!

197476985_317536783265772_1067141145904589691_n.jpg.82a4a453c2a64f3bd0508d3aa5f5872f.jpg

Edited by Matt Harwood (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Picture below is indeed a British Bullnose Morris. Brainchild of William Morris and introduced in 1913 as the Morris Oxford. It was made up from bought-in components. It was called a ‘ Bullnose’ not because of any resemblance to a ‘bull’ but because it had a rounded nose like a ‘bullet’.  Small car with 1018 cc four-cylinder side-valve engine from White & Poppe.

On this photo registration is not visible so is no help with dating. However, strong identification features is the ’three light set’ (two headlamps and the rear lamp), with the with small headlamps being mounted on the wings. As this configuration was manufactured for only two years, (1922/23) we can safely say that this was Oxford’s bigger and more expensive brother, a  cca 1923 Morris Continental Cowley Bullnose Tourer. The Cowley was introduced in 1915 as a four-seater powered by a Continental engine and made up of largely American components. However, war intervened, and many Continental engines ended up at the bottom of the Atlantic. To compounds problems for Morris, Continental then discontinued the engine. After the war in 1919 the British branch of Hotchkiss made a copy of the Continental engine for Morris, who eventually bought the British Hotchkiss Factory and carried on making this engine to 1926. The Cowley transfigured many times until 1960

Vintman (UK)

www.svvs.org

49154446933_64bcf3a4ed_b.jpg.4d29d932360824c9b1ec138ba9d6fc5a.jpg.ca74958ef35d2e4a4b40c0428d6434bb.jpg

Edited by Vintman (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, nzcarnerd said:

Like these? A pity the photo is rather small - 

196212919_10226078681383251_5600703923996495871_n.jpg

At the 2017 MCACN show, the owner of this 1977 Dodge factory STREET VAN mentioned to me all the older women who looked inside, totally mesmorized, then looked at him and just grinned ear to ear!!

Craig

IMG_1911.JPG

IMG_1910.JPG

IMG_1896.JPG

• Like 1

sun-mab.jpg

sun%2Bmab.jpg

This was the first motor vehicle from the Sunbeam Motor Company, produced in 1899. Designed by Mabley-Smith, it's a curious vehicle, with wheels laid out on a diamond pattern with only the front and rear wheels sprung. Engine was a watercooled 327 cc engine from DeDion. The vehicle could seat 2 or 3 people with the driver in the rear.

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

sun-mab.jpg

sun%2Bmab.jpg

This was the first motor vehicle from the Sunbeam Motor Company, produced in 1899. Designed by Mabley-Smith, it's a curious vehicle, with wheels laid out on a diamond pattern with only the front and rear wheels sprung. Engine was a watercooled 327 cc engine from DeDion. The vehicle could seat 2 or 3 people with the driver in the rear.

Now that's just the thing for doing the Hershey flea market in the fall!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 8E45E said:

At the 2017 MCACN show, the owner of this 1977 Dodge factory STREET VAN mentioned to me all the older women who looked inside, totally mesmorized, then looked at him and just grinned ear to ear!!

Craig

IMG_1911.JPG

Boy did I want one of those Schwinns when I was a kid.

1966-schwinn-stingray.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, plymouthcranbrook said:

sun-mab.jpg

sun%2Bmab.jpg

Looks like may be the London to Brighton run