1938 Caddy convertable on ebay

On 12/4/2019 at 3:22 PM, Matt Harwood said:

Lot of money for an 8-cylinder car.

To Matt's point: 

1937CadillacLeftSide_small.jpg

1937 Cadillac Model 7529 Convertible Sedan – Divider window, very  low production – Known history from new – Recent high-quality repaint of original Thessalon Green and new top – Engine and mechanicals rebuilt – Never any rust, original wood excellent condition along with mostly original interior – CLC Senior Car #105 – Excellent tour car – Transported WWII Veterans in 2018 and 2019 National Memorial Day Parades –  See picture  Priced to sell at $82,500 or best offer – For more information, contact Harry Scott at 703-791-3278 or send email – Car is located in Nokesville, VA

20 hours ago, BucketofBolts said:

Maybe N. Bulgari needs one of these for his collection. He only owns the finest examples. 

Bulgari is more of a Buick collector, but has other brands

Reasonably certain 1938 series 40 & 60 Buick use the same basic body (GM B body)

Those of us who went to the 2016 BCA meet in Allentown saw some of his collection and his restoration workshops

Edited by 1939_Buick (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car.......I can see a handful of issues just at a quick glance while on my third Martini at lunch. Nice driver. Regardless of ones investment, this market is in the toilet..............(sound of double flushing).

• Like 1

I know the guy who wrote the checks to restore it--it was less than the asking price by a good amount. Decent car, but body has never been off the frame. Overdrive is nice and I have to admit I've admired the color combination. But as I said, that's a LOT of money for a V8 car, no matter how nice.

• Like 1

I know the guy who wrote the checks to restore it--it was less than the asking price by a good amount. Decent car, but body has never been off the frame. Overdrive is nice and I have to admit I've admired the color combination. But as I said, that's a LOT of money for a V8 car, no matter how nice.

If listed for $5 with no reserve what would it sell for ?

Edited by 1950panhead
x (see edit history)

All said, the restoration is better than 95% PLUS of the other CCCA Cadillacs of the era.   Also, the 1938 has a more traditional and more V-16 style grill (do not get me wrong as I like the 1939-1940 deco style grill, but know plenty of people do not like such).  Having just restored a 1939, the only thing that "really" caught my eye was it does not appear to have the proper clamps for the spark plug wires and does not have traditional molded asbestos wrap on the exhaust pipe header (both relatively easy fixes).  I would have to do research, though strikes me the front top bow should have chrome pinweld bead on it ? 

Someone asked above about a 38 Coupe price - a 38 75 Series Coupe is a super rare beast (as are 39's and 40's too). 

Using terminology from the card game Euchre - if you ever dreamed of wanting one of these and can afford one of the best of the bunch - "PICK IT UP." 

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

Here's a 1938 Model 75 coupe that was left in a garage in 1952 when the owner went to Korea. The restoration took a long time because the new owner spent a lot of time farting around with other stuff. I have driven it once, buttery smooth and one of not many.

014.thumb.JPG.24ce7fbe437de76b82ca9ab47c421748.JPG

• Like 1