J I Case mfg Cars

Don L.

Don...I showed Dad the pics of the 2 cars and he asked when he can come for ride. It is fantastic to see the 20 out on the road and being enjoyed by you, much better then just seeing it just sitting in the back of the barn.

• 3 years later...

Case automobiles used the best quality of parts. Timken front and rear axles, Brown and lipe Transmissions, Pierce Racine T head 40 hp engines, Baker wheels and rims, and cooled with a Fedders solder square tube radiator.

I have restored, worked on and driven Case automobiles since I was 14 now 80. They are powerful, steered easy, shifted easy as well. The Timken brakes were exceptionally good. The Black 1912 was restored by father and myself in 1960.

My parents drove the 1912 to Reno twice for the Harrah's tours, and California for HCCA National tours. For years they did not trailer their Case they drove it everywhere. The 1912 and 13 are still in the family. My brother is now their keeper.

just sayin'

brasscarguy. 

• Like 6

On 8/16/2023 at 12:54 PM, alsfarms said:

Don, When did Case drop automobile manufacturing to focus on ag equipment?

Al

Case never stopped focusing on farm equipment. Producing automobiles was a side line. International Harvester did it also with their own design. Relatives of John Deere had the Velie automobile. All three of these companies main focus was producing the best farm machinery that they could. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 11:55 PM, brasscarguy said:

Case automobiles used the best quality of parts. Timken front and rear axles, Brown and lipe Transmissions, Pierce Racine T head 40 hp engines, Baker wheels and rims, and cooled with a Fedders solder square tube radiator.

I have restored, worked on and driven Case automobiles since I was 14 now 80. They are powerful, steered easy, shifted easy as well. The Timken brakes were exceptionally good. The Black 1912 was restored by father and myself in 1960.

My parents drove the 1912 to Reno twice for the Harrah's tours, and California for HCCA National tours. For years they did not trailer their Case they drove it everywhere. The 1912 and 13 are still in the family. My brother is now their keeper.

just sayin'

brasscarguy. 

I was filling up at the gas station last week, a fellow rolled in driving an old IH tractor ( I live in a pretty rural area, LOL). From my recollection it was late 60's/early 70's vintage. Filled his gullet with coffee and rolled along. The tractor was def. still in daily use by the appearance. I made a comment to my son that its a shame cars were not built as well as tractors. This thing was dull and dirty, and had worked many hard years. 

• Like 2

On 8/16/2023 at 12:56 PM, Don L. said:

My Case dealership eagle . OLD ABE

IMG_0704.JPG

When I was in high school (almost 60 years ago), there was a Case eagle in front of the store where I worked part-time.  It wasn't a dealership then, dunno if it had been at some point.  Anyway, the eagle was in good shape, still had most of its paint.  Dunno what happened to it, hope it wasn't scrapped - worth big bucks now.

Dave, I hope you will remember about the Deere-Clark automobile.  John Deere's son, Charles Deere, got into the automobile business by financing the Clark Motor Car Company with one stipulation - he had to have his name on the car.  This was before the Velie Automobile appeared.  The Deere automobile was only produced for two years I believe.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

AACA Life Member #947918

P8191740.JPG

• Thanks 1