Great photo of an early car

Terry Bond

Couldn't resist posting this photo of an early 1900s auto on the road.  From the info available it's a family enroute to Stroudsburg PA. Any thoughts on the make of car?

Terry

1902 car on a road in PA.jpg

• Like 1

Certainly not Renault.  I agree that Winton does look like a good choice though, especially the access panel on top of the hood.

Terry

• Thanks 1

I agree that's a great photo of an old car, whatever the make.  The chauffeur looks so dignified too!  I wonder what the year of the photo is?  After checking my 70 Years of Chrysler book, I can with some certainty say that the car is not a Maxwell.  It is also not a Brush, Columbia, Pope-Toledo, or Chalmers.  

I think were safe calling it a Winton John.  Even without knowing that it's a fantastic piece of history frozen in time.  Now I'm wondering what became of it?

Terry

57 minutes ago, Terry Bond said:

I think were safe calling it a Winton John.  Even without knowing that it's a fantastic piece of history frozen in time.  Now I'm wondering what became of it?

Terry

I've always been impressed by all the high end cars of the 1900-1907 era, they were very costly at the time and had a road life of 3 years or less, many were just parked in the back of the carriage house and replaced by a newer and more expensive car. Must have been fun finding them in the late 1940's early 1950's. Bob