31 Caddy minor repair needed

Big $$$ being spent here on a 4 door to buy and then restore.

I remember being in a restoration shop and a very good but pricy shop at that was restoring a 1931 12 cyl. 4 door. The owner wanted every part to be restored no matter how bad it was. A foot down there was nothing left of the body but he had it all repaired.  The car was his grandfathers car so it was sentimental to him and not a car enthusiast. Plus he must have had deep pockets. 

Edited by Joe in Canada (see edit history)

I sold this complete, presentable (a little scruffy and not 100% correct), running, driving 1930 Cadillac sedan for $22,000, so I'm kind of thinking he should have taken the $10 grand and run away laughing like a mental patient...

001.thumb.JPG.7eb13c82914d136a67144fa31c958e38.JPG 050.thumb.JPG.2917fe966d1ed66bf9fc4554c5b141b6.JPG 065.thumb.JPG.f7a79ffa713a504914b5be51458b614a.JPG

• Like 5

2 hours ago, JACK M said:

But did not meet the reserve.

Shill bidding maybe?

I was bidding on a car myself with a reserve a while back and it went higher whatever I bid... 3 days later I get a note from the seller through ebay offering it for sale at my last bid, shocking.

• Like 1

I was bidding on a car myself with a reserve a while back and it went higher whatever I bid... 3 days later I get a note from the seller through ebay offering it for sale at my last bid, shocking.

Some times the owner just wants to know the value.

Some times the owner wants to sell without knowing value, I was a recipient once and very happy.

I was a little surprised that 11K-ish did not buy it as even though it has a ton going for it, you still have a substantial amount of top woodwork to do via what looks like someone has stood on the car at some point matched to some big rats/mice/Werewolves/... got into interior pretty good and that is hard to deal with in any car (ie generally stinks pretty bad, not healthy to work with, and ...).

Edited by John_Mereness (see edit history)

I have have owned more 1931 V-8 Cadillacs than any other living person on the planet. I’m wired into the market and my humble opinion of the value is 5500.00 most of the parts are non salable after the jewelry. A very nice runner would be 30k.

• Like 3