Found a phone book from 1954

nick8086

Years ago I went up into the attic of my old home in San Diego and found a MINT condition 1931 San Diego phone book. It listed the names of my neighbor who had lived next door for years and the name and address of the lady who used to own my home.

1 hour ago, Curti said:

Oh, here I thought you and nick were good buddies. I think he lives there. 

I figured that some simple detective work was far easier than getting a cogent reply from the OP. To his credit, the pix were quite good

1 hour ago, Curti said:

1 hour ago, Curti said:

Now come to think about this?  I don't know how long there was a phone book in the mail box. Cable

crooks too cheap to hand out phone books...What do you do? call assistance? then they charge for

that.  its a sick world...............................

17 hours ago, nick8086 said:

Now what to do with it..

IMG_2207.JPG

Your local library may have an interest in owning your phone book. Likewise some local historical society. Even if it's not in the best shape, it can still be a useful tool for those researching genealogy or local history.

Not to hijack the thread but several years ago a co worker brought down a magazine that he had found in his fathers papers from his auto repair business. I believe it was called "Who's Who" but was a local edition for the Waukegan-North Chicago, Il area.  Also from 1954 it listed residents names, family, address and occupation. My Dad was listed as a letter carrier with 2 family members.(Mom and me) anyone else remember this type of  publication?