ROA International Meet – Gettysburg PA, June 25-28, 2019

Rivman

3 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Took the 2 hour drive to the meet,

Great cars , quality cars and good people  and HOT !!!

Great location with lots of space

Bill

I made the trip as well. Great venue. The Pontiac Oakland Club will be having their annual meet there next month.

• Like 2

As I head back to Philadelphia to catch a plane, I would like to say thanks to everyone who took the time to chat with me. It was a great day. Your cars are truly wonderful.

I've prepared a Google Photo album with several pictures.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/MHQFbF1WrGr62QrY8

If you have issues seeing the pictures let me know and I will post them here. They are rather big.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

The last group was the Winners Circle cars 

20190628084423.thumb.JPG.02cb40c9e4abe86e9a5fba32f64d20c4.JPG

There were plenty of people taking pictures. I hope somebody provides additional pictures. 

I will post when I get home and can sort through the thousand plus I took—hopefully Sunday. I'll note that NC1968Riviera has given a very good sense of the event.

My final count was 91 Rivieras on the show field, with a few others either on the periphery or that left before Friday.

Edited by J3Studio (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrILO said:

As I head back to Philadelphia to catch a plane, I would like to say thanks to everyone who took the time to chat with me. It was a great day. Your cars are truly wonderful.

If you have issues seeing the pictures let me know and I will post them here. They are rather big.

Great, artistic shots.  Thanks

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MrILO said:

Great shots. You took some that I WISH I had taken! 👍

• Like 1

What a great experience attending this year's meet!

We enjoyed meeting so many of the other members and seeing SO many Rivieras in one place.

The venue was perfect and the local people are so friendly. 

We spotted the battlefield scene used in this year's meet art and decided to get a picture of The Aqua Zephyr actually sitting in that exact spot. 

The top picture is the meet art, the second picture is of he AZ in that spot. 

Gettysburg_logo_sm.jpg.68a56656a5af6c792e5966e060109c0c.jpg

20190628163916.thumb.JPG.9036f00010014c2ff679894d98768738.JPG

The tree in the background is now bigger than when the top background photo was originally taken. 

Edited by NC1968Riviera (see edit history)
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

For those of you who missed the ROA Meet in Gettysburg, I have created a shared Google Photos folder of all of the photos my wife and I took. Click this link to view the pictures:

NC1968Riviera's ROA Meet-Gettysburg 2019 Google Photos Shared Folder

If you reuse any of the photos, please credit "Mike & Nora Sumrell" as the original photographers/picture owners.

Comments on individual pictures are also welcome!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I apologize for not getting to meet everyone from the forum that attended, I did get to speak to a few, but not everyone. I wasn’t “working” as much at this year’s meet, but I still keep pretty busy during the week setting up what I do. I might have been on the forum some before now, BUT I had extreme connectivity issues at the hotel, obviously it must have just been my room going by Mike’s posts. The week sure does go by very quick!

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, NC1968Riviera said:

For those of you who missed the ROA Meet in Gettysburg, I have created a shared Google Photos folder of all of the photos my wife and I took. Click this link to view the pictures:

NC1968Riviera's ROA Meet-Gettysburg 2019 Google Photos Shared Folder

If you reuse any of the photos, please credit "Mike & Nora Sumrell" as the original photographers/picture owners.

Comments on individual pictures are also welcome!

Along with everyone else, Thank you Mike for posting all the pictures and videos. They look great, AND do give those not able to attend a GREAT sense of the happenings. I have some, nowhere near what you have posted, so I won’t add more to this thread. Thanks again for keeping the forum members up to date.

AND, Congratulations on your award too Mike! Mike’s Aqua Zephyr was a class winner in the 1966-1970 class this year, and well deserved! I will say that was a very difficult class to vote in, several of the eight Rivieras in the class were very nice! The only car that received more votes than Mike’s was one that had won Best of Show at a previous ROA meet several years ago, obviously still a very nice Riviera.

Pictures of the cars and activities will also be posted on the ROA photo gallery. It may take a while for the smoke to settle, but there should be a fair assortment of different pictures posted there eventually.

• Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, MrILO said:

As John and Mike said, GREAT shots of the cars, they look like art for sure!

Thank you for sharing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, J3Studio said:

My final count was 91 Rivieras on the show field, with a few others either on the periphery or that left before Friday.

You are very close on your count.

I am not absolutely certain of the final “official” count, but there were 93 Rivs parked on the show field, including the five winners circle cars. And yes, a few others parked in the lot that never came to the show field? A few less than pre-registered, but that does happen when unexpected car trouble arises.

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 4:01 PM, NC1968Riviera said:

The next row was the 95-99 Rivs

20190628084310.thumb.JPG.b738473c7ee299e98df0f342d2f09c17.JPG

It was a shame we could not get rid of that Toyota truck that was parked in our part of the parking lot!!! I had noticed it there the days before, they must have parked it there and went out of town or something?

I did notice also, it was gone by the time the banquet started. Too bad they couldn't have moved it a few hours sooner?!?!?

23 minutes ago, kreed said:

Thanks everyone for all the great pictures! Wish we could we could have been there. Where is next years show going to be held?  

KReed

ROA 14549

Next year's meet ...

Kalamazoo, MI, June 22 - 25, 2020, Monday - Thursday.

There should be a new thread for it posted soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

I might have been on the forum some before now, BUT I had extreme connectivity issues at the hotel, obviously it must have just been my room going by Mike’s posts.

Not just you—I had to go to backup technology.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rivman said:

I still keep pretty busy during the week setting up what I do.

Randall, I personally would like to thank you, the other members of the board and the numerous volunteers who made the meet a success.

I now understand why the annual meets are so highly anticipated. Everything went smoothly and we thoroughly enjoyed our time together with everyone who attended. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finally (work obligations got in the way):

2019 ROA International Meet

64 of the best/most representative photos I took. Apologies if I misidentified any Rivieras—I'm still learning.

One of my favorites:

CleverestOwnerDisplayIve SeenInYears.jpg

• Thanks 2

34 minutes ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Randall, I personally would like to thank you, the other members of the board and the numerous volunteers who made the meet a success.

Ditto -- a terrific event and the weather (though really HOT) remained dry!  It was so nice to see so many great Rivieras assembled in the same place at once.  Better yet was the opportunity to talk with JZRiv, Rivdrivn, NC1968Riviera, BuickRacer, Turbinator and a few others in the real world for a change.  This was my first ROA meet, but it will definitely NOT be my last!  ;)

• Like 2

Oh, and before I forget just let me say that one of my goals for the show was to come home with a genuine GM '67 shop manual for my Riviera.  Mission Accomplished - I scored a very nice, NOS shop manual from one of the vendors at the show for what I believe to be a very fair price.  Aside from a few minor scuffs on the cover, it looks like new.  While I was at it I picked-up a new manual side-view mirror to replace the one currently on the car.  The old one seems to have a distorted convex mirror glass in it that drives me nuts!  The new one is a plain mirror which has no noticeable distortion.  I moved my old driver's side mirror over to the passenger door (which was without a mirror) where the convex mirror will at least do some good (even with the distortion)...

image.thumb.png.0543812f5794031b5f1abcd6f9360b97.png

image.thumb.png.29ecdcb6aa24f1e5ca4c0b26b6442c02.png

• Like 2

Anyone happen to know the price that was asked for the blue 68 or 69 there was a phot of on the door into the vendor area? I thought I snapped a photo, but didn’t save apparently. I think it was a low mileage car. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, J3Studio said:

64 of the best/most representative photos I took. Apologies if I misidentified any Rivieras—I'm still learning.

One of my favorites:

CleverestOwnerDisplayIve SeenInYears.jpg

I completely missed the black cherries! That is very cool! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 5:01 PM, MrILO said:

Wow those are incredible photos Maurizio!  Thank you so much for posting them paesano! It was wonderful meeting and talking with you.

• Thanks 1

My Thanks to all who attended our 2019 Meet in Gettysburg this past week.  Our great members always make it a memorable event. In addition to the many attendees, we had 98 outstanding Rivieras in a picturesque  setting, under clear skies. A list of winners will be posted on our website  www.rivowners.org.

Next year we will be in Kalamazoo, MI from June 22-25th. Details will follow.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Ray_Knott said:

My Thanks to all who attended our 2019 Meet in Gettysburg this past week.  Our great members always make it a memorable event. In addition to the many attendees, we had 98 outstanding Rivieras in a picturesque setting, under clear skies. A list of winners will be posted on our website.

Those who attended had a great experience because of your efforts and those of many others. As an ROA newbie, I left very impressed—so many highlights.

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 6:59 PM, J3Studio said:

Not just you—I had to go to backup technology.

I didn't have any backups so I was only able to connect by taking my laptop to the lobby, so I just waited until I got home for the most part.

• Like 1

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 8:23 PM, J3Studio said:

I agree with Mike, great pictures!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, DrownedRiv said:

Ditto that.

ROA newbie as well, kinda bummed out that we have to wait a whole year for the next one of these!

Hopefully one day ill be able to bring my Riv!

In the meantime, there are regional ROA and BCA events in most parts of the country 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, JZRIV said:

Wow those are incredible photos Maurizio!  Thank you so much for posting them paesano! It was wonderful meeting and talking with you.

My pleasure, really. Thank you all for the warm reception.

• Like 2

Thanks to @Ray_Knott , @Rivman, and others for getting the meet pictures posted on the ROA site 2019 Meet Photo Gallery and for posting the list of class/category winners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NC1968Riviera said:

Thanks to @Ray_Knott , @Rivman, and others for getting the meet pictures posted on the ROA site 2019 Meet Photo Gallery and for posting the list of class/category winners.

Thanks Mike, but for the most part it is JZRIV getting the pictures loaded onto the gallery. Sure, with maybe a "little" help, but it is all Jason loading them.

We, I say that even though it is mostly Jason, are still adding pictures, he was going to add a post when they are all loaded and captioned.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rivman said:

Thanks Mike, but for the most part it is JZRIV getting the pictures loaded onto the gallery. Sure, with maybe a "little" help, but it is all Jason loading them.

We, I say that even though it is mostly Jason, are still adding pictures, he was going to add a post when they are all loaded and captioned.

Thanks to @JZRIV also!

• Like 1