someone who knows what it's for parts

Johanhansson

They look like part of some sort of latching mechanism, perhaps for the hood or a window.  That's just a guess, but I'll bet that someone on this Forum will know exactly what they're for.

Cheers,

Grog

Did they have the little front vent windows as early as 31??

Well, fools rush in---is something that goes thru the circular parts clamped when the handle pushed down??  If so, extyerior trunk tie-down clamps??

Didn't google for pic; more fun guessing...

I don't have a photo but you are looking for a pipe that is threaded on one end and crimped almost closed on the other also a spring that fits inside the pipe and a rod that goes inside the spring that has an large flat washer that will not go through the spring and has a ball end on the other end that hooks into mount on car frame.

These are the hood latches I was thinking about, but they seem to be of a different configuration from the mechanisms that you have.  What you have could be similar to the tops of the latches shown and as described by Alfre in his Post #9 above.

Good Luck,

Grog

Image result for 1931 Chevrolet hood latch

Graham had lever style in 1931 but they folded into the hood, one year only.  I am putting my money on hood latches.  They would have to have springs in them to stop the latches from bouncing around when you drive.   Not correct for this 1931 Olds, similar type as the Graham.

image.png.80da3a3ec616fd9fcae511f2eac0b4ef.png

This is a 1930 Olds Coupe, still not correct

1930 Oldsmobile Coupe

I have never seen these latches on a 31 Olds.  They are way to robust an ornate and my bet they are for a much more higher end car..  My 29 Olds is a pretty similar car and I have pics of a 30 and 32 and they are all essentially the same common hood latch. I am trying to figure out what else they could have been used for and it is escaping me.  My bet, is that they are not Olds but I will look at the parts book tomorrow and see.