Where do you live?

Leif Holmberg

Where are you located? Always the same question?time after time on all the AACA forum pages Just wonder how hard it`s to put the  State-County-Country  on the left side below the !"member" and "post".

Can anyone tell why it`s so important not to be recognized where they live!

We are all here to get  help or give help ! OR?

Merry Cristmas and a Happy New 2018.

Wishes from  Leif in Sweden.

•  

IMG-2356 (1).JPG

IMG-2355 (1).JPG

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

I will second and third, and so on, everything that Mark just said.  And the other thing that doesn't smell quite right on the forums is someone hiding behind a moniker and refusing to post their real name.  If someone wants credibility, then they need to post their name so that folks know who they are dealing with.  Check my name and state below.

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

• Like 4

About monikers vs. full names:  I joined this forum 17 years ago this month, and at that time (even more than now that this forum has fleshed out and many are "known" to us) I didn't know who/what I was joining.  I also have a unique surname and my address is easy to find online via data-mining companies if you know my surname.  I'm fortunate to have been able to acquire a number of vehicles with enough worth that I don't want to have my facilities visited by forum lurkers while I'm gone for two weeks on a tour or other vacation--or to have someone who has read these forums knock on my door unannounced and ask to see or buy one of my cars.  Further, in my day job many years ago I put a few people in jail, and I don't care to meet them again.  So despite suitable alarms and protective neighbors, I don't want to provide enough information for my address to be further compromised--data-mining info available is bad enough--Google yourself and see what's available for free, even more for $10 or less.  When I send a PM I almost always provide my full name and, often, my address.  You should be able to see my general location (San Francisco Bay Area) under my (blank) avatar.  And I won't be shamed into providing further information for full public disclosure.

Edited by Grimy
corrected typo (see edit history)
  • Like 2

No shaming here. It's completely up to you, and we recognize that some may want to stay more anonymous for reasons like you stated. For myself, no one is going to get rich off my collection. Heck, there were some times when I wouldn't have minded a disappearance! :D So in my particular case posting my location may be helpful to me or others.

• Like 3

I've always had my real name and generic location posted,

but his concern about FORUM lurkers may be real , 

not per "Us Regular Folk"'

but the possibility of unknown ne'er-do-wells who might present untoward thoughts and actions.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

but his concern about FORUM lurkers may be real , 

not per "Us Regular Folk"'

Even paranoids can have real enemies.... 

I'm not at all concerned about our Usual Suspects in the forums:  If you'll be coming to the Bay Area, PM me and you're most welcome to visit and see the iron. 

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

but the possibility of unknown ne'er-do-wells who might present untoward thoughts and actions.

Not to mention Evildoers....and I do live two blocks from Oakland....

God Jul! Gott nytt år!      (how did I do?)

I'm always amazed at Leif's knowledge down to the smallest detail or part number yet he is 1/3 of the world away and here I am 18 miles south of Flint and know 1/1,000,000 of what he does! Thank you for all your assistance Leif!

Congratulations on your 1927-24!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Leif Holmberg said:

Dave,just open the "Leif Holmberg repliced a topic"scroll down and you will see what kind of car parts are used on this "Buick.

Leif in Sweden.

OK, I see now. I thought it looked...different. But....I like it! The lower look really makes it look good!

Cheers, Dave

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grimy said:

Not to mention Evildoers....and I do live two blocks from Oakland....

Haha -- now you're giving a big hint! :P  I go by my own name here, but I completely understand your position.  And I noticed your list of cars when I joined this forum and thought, "Hmm -- maybe I should look old Grimy up."  And I still might take you up on your invitation!