Buicks and the Great Outdoors - Camping and Trailering

MrEarl

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
46 minutes ago, old-tank said:

I like the titty pink Mercury.

Haha... something is going on here too. Noticed the top pic shows the pink Merc with a trailer trimmed in blue while in the bottom pic the trim area of the trailer now matches the titty pink. 

On 10/16/2021 at 7:00 AM, avgwarhawk said:

I'm not sure the Mercury sales brochure offered titty pink. 😂

Maybe they should have ,

and back in the day, I was a fan of the Turnpike Cruiser Skirts

By the way, I always liked the Coral and White color combination on a '56 Roadmaster convertible,

but Red and White would be just fine, thank you Santa Claus.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, billbuickgs said:

Can't believe those old dynaflows didn't blow trans seals towing big trailers .

Bill

Just use low range when appropriate.  A cousin had a used car lot in San Antonio and used a 52 Roadmaster to tow cars back to his lot from all over Texas...either on a trailer or with a bumper tow bar.  Asked why he did not use some of the 3/4 or one ton trucks on his lot, he said that the Buick was more stable and rode better.  In the mid 1960's he switched to a 61 Imperial, but kept the old RM as backup.  He said there were no major repairs.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2021 at 9:10 PM, billbuickgs said:

Can't believe those old dynaflows didn't blow trans seals towing big trailers .

Bill

When I bought my ‘63 Riviera, the previous (original owner) had used it to tow a big Airstream.  No problems with the Dynaflow but he did have do a valve job. He was told he was lugging the engineering so he had a 3.91 rear gear installed at the same time he had the valves done.  The Riviera was well prepped for towing. A full hitch receiver was welded to the frame, it had an auxiliary transmission cooler, factory air shocks, and electric trailer brakes.  He had also installed a 5 gauge cluster in the opening for the ash tray. Besides your typical oil, amp, and temp gauges, he had a tach and a vacuum gauge installed. About the only option that car does not have is the 425 engine. 

• Like 1

I'm betting that Roadmaster sedan has the same towing package as my Roadmaster wagon. If you add a full hitch reciever to the car with the towing package, it has a GVW of 7,000 lbs. it's equipped with the 5.7 liter LT1 Corvette engine, has dual cooling fans, one electrical the other mechanical, auxiliary trans cooler, auxiliary oil cooler, factory air shocks, and positrac rear end with 2.97 gears and the 460LE 4 speed transmission.  When I was pulling my 17 foot boat, the only indication that I was pulling anything was the fact that my rear view mirror was useless.  

• Like 1