Smokey the Bear is taking our picture,

Just try to act NATURAL !!

He likes our 1956 Buick,

but the fender-top Gun sights are making him nervous

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Elpad said:

27752E9D-6C18-4D15-959B-8BB64DB8BA8F.jpeg

That is one stern looking mother-in-law.  Kinda reminds me of my grandma Shipman (my poor mother!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, dship said:

That is one stern looking mother-in-law.  Kinda reminds me of my grandma Shipman (my poor mother!).

She is probably thinking " Tonight I get the back seat in the Roadmaster!"  

• Like 1

Not a very clear photo but this is my 1929-54CCX around 1951/52 during a tour of the south-west (Western Australia). The owners had just purchased the car due to being posted as a school headmaster in the country in 1951 and wanted a car "with legs" for the long country drives. The caravan was hand made by the owners. I have an advertisements in 1954 with the car & caravan for sale as a pair at the town of Merredin after they traded them on an Austin van.

IMG.jpg

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2020 at 9:00 AM, MrEarl said:

@JoelsBuicks I think you need one of these. Can you tell what series this is

45D80D58-46FA-405B-B161-9E0B1F3F4D48.thumb.jpeg.439e8954ff067e0c0e61b02b3240d0ff.jpeg

Lamar, i don`t think it is a 36 Buick, grille is different, no Buick 8 badge, has a crank hole, missing the two outer heavy vertical ribs, not enough cross ribs. `36 didn`t have suicide doors, except down-under sloper, looks to be right hand drive. Front fenders(no whiskers), fenders look more like a Chrysler product. How about that trailer hitch on the front? Is that a water bag under the left headlight?  Could it be a down-under `36 Oldsmobile?1936 Oldsmobile F.36 Sedan | Olds Motor Vehicle Co. was foun… | Flickr

Edited by pont35cpe (see edit history)

2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Lamar, i don`t think it is a 36 Buick, grille is different, no Buick 8 badge, has a crank hole, missing the two outer heavy vertical ribs, not enough cross ribs. `36 didn`t have suicide doors, except down-under sloper, looks to be right hand drive. Front fenders(no whiskers), fenders look more like a Chrysler product. How about that trailer hitch on the front? Is that a water bag under the left headlight?  Could it be a down-under `36 Oldsmobile?1936 Oldsmobile F.36 Sedan | Olds Motor Vehicle Co. was foun… | Flickr

Tha’s the thing about cars back then, they all looked alike 🤣🤣🤣 

thanks for the correction my friend 👍

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrEarl said:

Actually i don`t think it`s an Oldsmobile, U.S. ones have a V-notch on each side of the grille, headlight high. Could the down-under grilles be slightly different? Fenders and crank hole look similar.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Unlike today's cars which can be recognized by make and model a mile away.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...