Wow....check out this custom ride....

keiser31

No it's not a Spohn. I think someone with a collection of old custom car magazines from the 50's will have an answer. Some of those old customs bring big bucks especially if they were built by a famous builder.

2 minutes ago, 46 woodie said:

No it's not a Spohn. I think someone with a collection of old custom car magazines from the 50's will have an answer. Some of those old customs bring big bucks especially if they were built by a famous builder.

See the link in post #5.

10 minutes ago, keiser31 said:

See the link in post #5.

Then click on the link within that link:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/27/not-a-concept-more-an-abomination/

First off, this is not a concept car (and Red Baron, the auctioneer, never did make that claim in its press release), nor did Plymouth have a hand in building anything but the chassis that it’s based on.

And let’s look at some hard facts, like the Ford pickup truck hood. Or the Torq-Thrusts that weren’t popular until the mid-1960s (and would have never appeared on a concept anyway). Or the utter lack of mention about this car in reference materials.

I'll also point out that the particular Torq Thrust wheels shown in that article are of a design that only came out about a decade ago. 

2 minutes ago, joe_padavano said:

Then click on the link within that link:

http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2006/10/27/not-a-concept-more-an-abomination/

I'll also point out that the particular Torq Thrust wheels shown in that article are of a design that only came out about a decade ago. 

Yep....I knew about the newer wheels. I guess I should have gone further into the article and links.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

2 hours ago, keiser31 said:

Says here that it is a 1958 Dodge show car called the Tornado....http://blog.hemmings.com/index.php/2007/07/25/tornado-crossing-the-block-again/

Thanks for the sleuthing to locate that link, Keiser!

Actually, that Hemmings log says that it is NOT a concept car,

but rather someone's idea of a custom:

"Somebody at some point needs to come clean that this is not and never was a concept car. It’s somebody’s bad idea of a late 1950s custom, that’s all."

And wow, did that car deteriorate, evidently in a short time!

1 minute ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Thanks for the sleuthing to locate that link, Keiser!

Actually, that Hemmings log says that it is NOT a concept car,

but rather someone's idea of a custom:

"Somebody at some point needs to come clean that this is not and never was a concept car. It’s somebody’s bad idea of a late 1950s custom, that’s all."

Yeah....I could never believe that Chrysler Corporation would have built it.

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

I believe it's called entropy. ;)

Unfortunately, rapid decomp of a car isn't difficult.  Do NOT ask me how I know this...  :o

Can't say I've ever seen that before ... oddly cool ... or cooly odd, not sure which.  Either way, wish I could check it out in person....

Cort > www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
pigValve.paceMaker.cowValve | 1979 Caprice Classic (needs new owner)
"The scar, that scar remains" __ Poison __ 'Every Rose Has Its Thorn'