My favorite thing about the update

buick5563

Thanks for the update Peter. I think the page you had up while we were waiting around for the update was entertaining.

My favorite thing so far is that on the Buick forums page, the "Buick General" is bigger than the "rules" page. I always used to inadvertently go there whilst surfing (as I do 98% of the time) on my phone.

Anyway, thanks for your effort.

Let the whining begin.

;)

• Like 5

Guest Doug Burton

Have to agree. Nice clean looking forum. I thought the down time message was to the point and entertaining also. Good job.

From what I've seen in the 10 minutes or so, so far, is how much quicker the pages change.  Looks like new options in the "Reply" tool bar, too! 

THANKS for making it happen!

NTX5467

NTX5467,

Please change to a larger font. That is difficult to read.

• Like 1

Guest shadetree77

The return of the LIKE button! Awesome! Also, if you really dig into your customization options on your profile there are a lot of new features. You can even put a wallpaper on there. I see a lot of folks lost their signature pictures. You have to upload a new picture attachment, then go into signature options, click where you want it to go, click My Media, click attachments on left side, then double click the picture you just uploaded in the list. I've just noticed also that no matter how big of a picture you upload for your signature pic, the system seems to resize it to be tiny. I tried uploading several different sizes of the "keep our streets beautiful" pic in my sig. but it always makes it come out small. Oh well, no big deal. Lovin' this new forum though. :D Oh, and I can ACTUALLY SEE these smileys and tell what they're supposed to be. :)

Edited by shadetree77 (see edit history)

Very nice update indeed!! Thanks for all of the sweet new features! Everything is really simple to navigate through. I found that to attach new images that aren't in "My Media" you have to go to "More Reply Options" and through that you can attach new images. It has a place for it and everything! Overall, I am very pleased with this update, and I look forward to continuing to use it!  :)

P.S.: I really enjoy the like button and the added emojis.  B)

Lots of new goodies. Peter always said he'd get the Like button back and so he did.

Haven't figured out how to post pics from my computer files yet, all I get when I click the Image icon is a dropdown box asking for URL. Not quite sure what the My Media is all about either.

and hummm, wonder what the warning points under the avatar is about...

Hopefully Peter will increase the allowable size of the signature pictures a bit. and surely the Avatar will be allowed to be bigger, I think we have gone through that already.

• Like 1

test

edit) so to attach an image from your computer you have to go to More Reply Options at the bottom of the Reply box then you can Attach Files. Right. Peter is there an option of turning on the Image icon so you can use it to attach files?

post-77380-0-20636500-1431576917_thumb.j

• Like 1

I was just getting comfortable with the NEW and THEN    microsoft did an update and everything changed!! Bummer!  But I will adjust. Just not as quickly as some.

Ben

Wow, like that new signature picture Ben!  And it is big. Plus if you click on it it enlarges even bigger. WOW how did you do that.

I am sure if you get with Willie, y'all can figure it out.

Honestly, I have no idea what the "warning points" are and not sure I want to know.

Since we don't use a warning system (and are not going to start) Peter has removed that unnecessary feature. I am sure it will take a while to get every setting tweaked just right but I like the new look. To me most of the text is much easier to read. A little darker gray might be better for default signature lines but most text looks better to me.  

Is it just me or is anyone else not getting a "view unread" option.  I'm following some of threads and have posted to one or two.  When I got home this afternoon, I checked the threads and posts followed mine but I had to scroll down to read them; no "view unread" link to take me to the first unread post in the thread.

Ed 

• Like 1

Click the icon to the left of the post. (In this case due to the level of activity in this discussion, it is a star). That takes you to the first unread post.

Click the icon to the left of the post. (In this case due to the level of activity in this discussion, it is a star). That takes you to the first unread post.

You can also get to the last post by clicking on the date to the right of the post. Just be careful on ipads etc cause if you inadvertently hit the persons id above the date it will take you to his profile page.

Has anyone figured out what happened to the "E" mail messages that we used to get on our personal "E" mail from AACA after someone contributes to a thread we have contributed to??

Helfen,

You need to check the configuration of your Notification Options. In IP.Board you have almost total control over what nitification you want the system to email you.

To edit your notification setting, click the downward arrow after your name in the upper RH corner of the page and select My Settings and then Notification Options from the LF navbar.

• Like 1

Is it just me or is anyone else not getting a "view unread" option. I'm following some of threads and have posted to one or two.

Ed, not sure if you are asking about viewing unread posts in a topic/thread or unread posts that have been made since you last visited the forum.

To go to the newest/latest post in a topic/thread, click the date under the poster's name on the Topic View page:

post-84444-0-96399000-1431706562_thumb.j

If you wish to see unread posts or posts made since you last visited the forum, you can configure "View New Content" to do that. View New Content is simply a user configurable search function. Click View New Content and on the LH side of the resulting screen you'll see this panel.

post-84444-0-87835100-1431706747_thumb.j

Where you can customize how the View New Content search works for you.

By content type will almost always be Forums.

By time period can be whatever you want.

Other will usually be left blank, but if you only wanted to see posts made in, say, the Packard forum, you would select Filter by fourm. Ed, if you wanted to see all unread posts in a forum or set of forums, here's how you can make that happen.

Be aware that these settings sometimes get changed inadvertently. So if you click View New Content and get no results, check these settings as that is almost certainly the problem.

• Like 1

I'll give it a shot, but what you're showing looks nothing like what I see when I look at a post.  The time and avatar of the poster are on the left and there's nothing to click when I drag the cursor over it.  

• PM's are also not popping up when I log in
  • My Avatar is cut off top, bottom, and both sides
  • When I enlarge a picture, it comes out so large that that it's unidentifiable - I wanted to take a closer look at the wiring on the back of a switch, and one spade terminal filled my entire monitor.  I had to copy the picture to my computer then look at it to see the real detail I needed.  I didn't need to see the pits on the one of seven terminals in the original picture.
  • Sometimes I get a "view first unread" message at the top of a thread, other times I don't.  There's no consistency.
  • ARRGGGHHHHHH!  Frustrating 

Nothing has changed other than the things that I mentioned.  The other forum that I monitor - the CABE (Classic and Antique Bicycle Exchange) uses the exact same software that used to be here.  NOTHING has changed over there; it's all here as it used to be here. There's some chatter on the ROA site about the avatars being smaller and a couple of other queries.  Most everyone is saying that with patience, all of this will work itself out.  True?

I rebooted and even did the ol' turn off the modem and wait a couple of minutes before turning it back on.  

I was in a classroom today and had the exact same situations appear using the school's server to look at and post.

Ed

test

edit) so to attach an image from your computer you have to go to More Reply Options at the bottom of the Reply box then you can Attach Files. Right. Peter is there an option of turning on the Image icon so you can use it to attach files?

Georgia, Georgia... the whole night though.. Talking about Georgia on my mind....

• Like 1

Peter has increased the allowed avatar size but they are still not displaying as they did before the software migration. Hopefully he will soon be able to tweak some settings to fix that issue. I have sent him a message asking him to take a look at that. I am on the East Coast. He is on the West Coast. He works late into the night while I am asleep and then he is asleep when I send him a message in the morning so there is usually a 12 hour delay or so before I see a response.

I tried to sign in on my account (bhambulldog) and apparently I forgot my password.

The last two days, I asked three times for the system to send me a new password via email. To no avail.  It said I shouldn't have to wait more than 10 minutes. ....... 

So, I created a new account. 

So, I'm not a new member. Merely a new account for the same old me.