Reality Rides TV Show!

Guest GreeneHD

Guest GreeneHD

Hey everyone!

Ready for the latest car series?? Greene HD Productions is launching their new show, Reality Rides, on Velocity on October 5th at 9am. Be sure to tune in or set your DVR to record! If you like restoring cars, then this is the show for you! Reality Rides follows Carl's Custom Cars in Red Oak, Texas, as the crew takes on a new build every season. Check out our Facebook page and tell your friends!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Reality-Rides/698284296855252

Guest Greene HD
I hope this will not be yet another fake "reality" show loosely based on reality with fake drama and such added. It would be nice to have a real show not wrapped in BS!

I can assure you that we have listened to our test audience of over 15,000 and have created an exciting new series that is REAL. No fake drama, no fake deadlines, no yelling just for the sake of ratings. Carl Meredith and his very talented team of mechanics will show the viewers how this 1955 Buick Special was restored from the ground up. Every nut and bolt came off this car and it was painstakingly reconstructed to it's factory original condition with very few modifications. Think "This Old House" for car enthusiasts. We have side stories that will take you to big shows like SEMA, Goodguys, Autorama, etc. We see how every aspect is put together in a fun and exciting fashion. We are not chopping up cars for ratings, we are putting history back on the road where it belongs.

In this first season we build one car. It takes our very real team of 5 mechanics, roughly 6 months to complete it. Someone was always working on this build almost 7 days a week. In the end this car went on to win numerous awards, including 1st in it's category at a concours event earlier this year. So not only is it real, it's a very well done build.

There are plenty of highlights I have not listed, many will be left as a surprise. So set your DVR's starting on October 5 @ 9a EST on Velocity. The series will air every Saturday for 26 consecutive weeks. Season 2 is also complete and not to be missed. Another very cool build. But that's a story for another time. ;-)

Guest Greene HD
Generally speaking, any show that uses the word "build" in their advertising is going to be more about street rods and customs than restoration but hey, different strokes for different folks. Willing to bet there will be phony "deadlines" and drama.

Believe me, as a classic car enthusiast and as a producer, I really did not like what automotive shows were being broadcast. So we created Reality Rides, for everyone else. We have a second series set to launch in January that will focus on the most important, rare, and unique classic cars ever built. More of a documentary series, in production of this I have entered a world that is unbelievable. It's being shot here in the US and in Europe and the stories are amazing. So stay tuned, I have set out to create automotive programming for the rest of us.

Please spread the word. We need viewers and lots of them if high end programming like this is to be successful.

I truly hope that it is indeed real and will remain so! The usual fare of fake BS, unrealistic deadlines and fantasy values are NOT doing the old car hobby any favors. I constantly get people thinking their cars are worth 2+ times the actual value and they think I can restore it in a month. A real car show, real time and without 10 mins of an infocommercial (to add to the other 12 mins of actual commercials leaving not much "show" to watch) disguised as a "segment" would be awesome. A car show about cars that showcases real scenarios in real time without fake drama and "bets" would be unique. The exception is "Car Crazy" and "Motor Trend" which are (I believe) the gold standards to date.

Unfortunately, I suspect the fake urgency and BS values are what sells. Years ago, HGTV had a couple of car restoration shows that seemed realistic. One of them involved a 1930's Packard coupe and another one featured an early sixties Thunderbird. Both of these shows were never heard of again. I fear that our stuff is only interesting to us. Non-car people don't really care about cars as cars. They care about the phony plot lines and the exaggerated values.

• 1 month later...

I think we are best served to see the show and then make judgments. We all pine for good show to watch that is not the same old tired formula. Last week I saw three new shows. They were barely watchable for me. One, the host did not know the difference between a sedan and a coupe. He kept calling the four door he was looking at as a coupe several times and then after being corrected by the seller stated it had to be a convertible hardtop since he was not a post sedan!!!! Amazing.... Thankfully I enjoy Wayne Carini immensely (he will be filming at Hershey this year again).

• 3 weeks later...

I just watched the first episode of this show and was very impressed. The entire 30 minute show involved the shop guys going to pick up a car in Mineral Wells, TX, the car is a 55 Buick basket case and the whole show involved them searching for the parts, just like real people would do! No shouting, deadlines, or rehearsed BS. I will keep watching.

I just watched the video and enjoyed it. Hope they stick to the original purpose but was sad to hear about just "fixing" up some of the parts. You would think that if someone was going to sell a car they might make an effort to gather the parts ahead of time instead of having folks crawl all over everything. It always amazed me that some people will collect so much that they could never use it all and then never want to sell anything. We have a local car dealer who must have over 400 cars in storage that no one will ever get to enjoy! I'd like to follow this show but I don't get the channel! Seems like a refreshing change in the genre!

Guest wdoland

What? Where's the deadline. "We've got to have this car finished in two hours!" Where's the yelling at each other? Thoroughly enjoyed the first show. Hope they show "how" things are done on the cars and not just gloss over them.

Guest Greene HD
What? Where's the deadline. "We've got to have this car finished in two hours!" Where's the yelling at each other? Thoroughly enjoyed the first show. Hope they show "how" things are done on the cars and not just gloss over them.

I can assure you, that you will see how the entire car is built. Every nut and bolt comes off the car. Carl did an incredible job with this car, two years after restoration, it runs perfectly. The build starts with episode 3 and you will be able to see how the car did after completion at the Buick Nationals in episode 12. Please help spread the word, we need as many viewers as we can get to keep this show on the air. Setting your DVR is the same as watching it in regards to the ratings.

And speaking of ratings, we posted a bigger audience than Chasing Classic Cars last week for our series premiere. :)

Guest wdoland

If this show is true to it's word, then people will watch and word will spread. I know a lot of guys (and girls) get fed up with some of the car shows. Chasing Classic Cars is one of them. You have to be a millionaire to watch that show. And there's a new one with "prospecting" in the title. He's making money finding classic cars and most are being shipped overseas.

If this show is true to it's word, then people will watch and word will spread. I know a lot of guys (and girls) get fed up with some of the car shows. Chasing Classic Cars is one of them. You have to be a millionaire to watch that show. And there's a new one with "prospecting" in the title. He's making money finding classic cars and most are being shipped overseas.

To each his own, I guess.

I really like Chasing Classic Cars. So what if Wayne (the show's host) deals in high end cars? So what if they're sold at auction to overseas buyers? So what if he's making money (shouldn't he be?)? But saying "you have to be a millionaire to watch that show?" C'mon!

CCC is absolutely better than 99.999% of the garbage that is on TV and the internet these days which includes almost every "car show" that ever hit the airwaves, honestly.

Reality Rides is an interesting show that's no-nonsense. I hope that it stays that way, but I have my doubts. I suspect that the buyer (Velocity Channel / Discovery Networks) is going to demand high "production value" in ensuing episodes (some of the cuts/editing/sound/lighting came off as "low budget" in episode one) and may tighten the screws in other areas as well and pressure them into making things more, uh..."interesting." I like it the way that it is, but I bet it will change. But why should we be surprised? It's TV for one thing, but even more than that, it's money that makes the world go 'round!

Guest wdoland

I really like Chasing Classic Cars. So what if Wayne (the show's host) deals in high end cars? So what if they're sold at auction to overseas buyers? So what if he's making money (shouldn't he be?)? But saying "you have to be a millionaire to watch that show?" C'mon!

Don't have sarcasm in Texas?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey, I just watched this show...GREAT! No fake drama, deadlines, mad fits, dumb blonds, etc. These guys actually cleaned a transmission before disassembly...impressed me big time. -Their approach to metalwork was dead-on. Will the show make it without all the crap? I hope so.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest rattrig

I love watching this show. I have a 55 Buick Special 2 door 264 nailhead 3 speed. Ive learned a lot watching these guys about my car. I got all my friends watching the show.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GreeneHD

CCC is absolutely better than 99.999% of the garbage that is on TV and the internet these days which includes almost every "car show" that ever hit the airwaves, honestly.

Reality Rides is an interesting show that's no-nonsense. I hope that it stays that way, but I have my doubts. I suspect that the buyer (Velocity Channel / Discovery Networks) is going to demand high "production value" in ensuing episodes (some of the cuts/editing/sound/lighting came off as "low budget" in episode one) and may tighten the screws in other areas as well and pressure them into making things more, uh..."interesting." I like it the way that it is, but I bet it will change. But why should we be surprised? It's TV for one thing, but even more than that, it's money that makes the world go 'round!

Season two starts the week after S1 episode 13 airs. Looking forward to the next builds! They introduce two restorations in S2

Just finished watching EP1 thru EP8 on Vimeo. I really, really liked what I saw. It is head and shoulders above the typical car restoration show.

I wasn't crazy about the side bars or side trips and would like to see much more of the 'how-to' segments. The part on repairing stainless trim was good and would have been more effective if more fully presented. Showing the before and after for the instrument restoration was impressive, but left me wondering how the gauges were restored. The whole paint process was pretty much skipped over from an information process... it was really just shots of workers masking off the car and then the obligatory painter making it look super easy. The painter briefly mentioned the process, but it would have been very helpful to discuss what block sanding is, how it is done, how to use guide coats, etc etc. The engine had an oil leak and they showed them taking it out and they showed them running it after it was fixed... why not show it being fixed?

I know I'm asking a lot (and I know season 2 and probably 3 are already complete) but it would be fantastic if the show could move toward being a tutorial than just showing before and after shots.