A Very Surprising Quote

Dave@Moon

I was watching my Blue-Ray copy of The Dark Knight Rises, this summer's new Batman movie, when I was treated to one of the most surprising automotive quotes on a DVD that I've ever seen. The "Extras" disc has a very interesting (and quite technical) 1 hour feature "The Batmobile", exploring the history of literally every form of the Batmobile in pring and media. Included are interviews with every surviving designer, many of the directors, and two of the actors (Christian Bale and Adam West) who played Batman.

Towards the end of the documentary there's a quick bit asking all of the participants what kind of cars they drive. I was floored when I heard this:

I drive a Prius!
--George Barris

I never would have guessed!:)

========================

(If you have the Vaudix plug-in for your browser you can watch this feature here: The Dark Knight Rises (2012) [bD: Extras - The Batmobile] on Veehd.)

Guest Siegfried

Me too! Maybe he'll customize it to meet L.A. standards. Lowered with hydraulics to bounce it up and down. Already has the electric on board to do it. A chopped top would be a superb touch as would a flamed paint job to boot. And let’s not forget the 'BIG FOOT" oversize tires and wheels!!! Gotta love it, or cry...

Guest Skyking
Don't know that I'd call George Barris a MOVIE star.....

Joe, you're right, I read it wrong:confused:...........not to say most stars drive them today anyway.

Me too! Maybe he'll customize it to meet L.A. standards. Lowered with hydraulics to bounce it up and down. Already has the electric on board to do it. A chopped top would be a superb touch as would a flamed paint job to boot. And let’s not forget the 'BIG FOOT" oversize tires and wheels!!! Gotta love it, or cry...

I keep waiting to see a stretch limo made from a Prius...

Guest Skyking
Unfortunately, the wait is over:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]169052[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]169053[/ATTACH]

Isn't that Prius pulled up next to a gas pump??? :confused:

Guest 37Packard
At least he has had FUN. And did things HIS way. More power to him.

Ben

I agree 100%. I've been a big fan of his since I was a teen back in the '60s....

He obviously doesn't travel far from home anymore.

Yeah, the Prius range is limited... Every once in a while you do have to put gas in the tank.

The longest I've been able to drive my Prius in one day has only been 870 miles. It was willing to go farther but I wasn't.

Guest Skyking
Amusing to see all the negativity and scorn when somebody chooses to drive a Prius.

Nah, I think we are all just playing with Dave............ Even I have to admit, the Prius is a very unique car, proving to be very reliable..........

With all due respect, Mr. Barris is part of the general age demographic which I've observed to drive Prius cars around here. Older people on fixed incomes who can afford the car, but like its low fuel consumption. Seems like many "Hollywood" people have Prius cars, even a few Camrys, too. NOT to forget about the annonimity of driving a Toyota product! Remember, too, that Barris' first car that he customized was his Buick! Perhaps he could make a "new" Batmobile out of a Chevy Volt . . . as there's more real estate to use than on a Prius?

Happy Holidays!

NTX5467

• 3 weeks later...