What's your new year vehicular resolution?

Guest longman

Guest longman

I always love to hear peoples resolutions. Usually they are just rehashed from the last year(s). This year I have a new one, finally.

My vehicular resolution for 2012 is to get my 1930 Whippet Coupe on the road before the end of the world on December 21.

I'm tracking well for this to happen.

Guest Jim_Edwards

Put as many miles as possible on any of the vintage cars I own going to car shows and related events before I'm too damn old to be driving anywhere!:D

This year I'd like to win several million dollars in the lottery so I can buy about a dozen really cool old cars. (This was also my resolution for each of the last few years.) Since I'm not getting any younger (I'll be 60 in March) hopefully this will be my year.... :D

To enjoy the antique car hobby with tours and restorations and all the neat people we've met over the years and NOT ADD TO THE TOTAL # OF CARS in

the Dobbin Collection. Yea it's the same old failed resolution from years past, but this time I mean really mean it!

post-32318-143138786288_thumb.jpg

Would love to downsize. Tooooo many toys. Intend to sell the Model T and A so I can enjoy the Vette and Chevelle more. Still undecided on the 100+ year old cars. Some say restore, some say leave alone. Maybe 2012 will bring some changes. Not getting any younger.

Happy New Year to all!

New Years aut- to rust-o-lutions??? hic...Is't da par..tay over? :P I don't remember nothing after the ball dropped. :o.. just don't stand in front of Kim Jong the 2cnd's fleet of Lincolns. ;) Oooohhhh Kkkaaayyyy. I think I'll start by cleaning up the back yard. :D Dandy Dave!

Convince my wife that it's okay to buy a car at Hershey.

Good luck John!

Speaking of Hershey, the title of this thread made me think of Hershey when I read it--it reminded me of "The Voice" that comes over the PA system there occasionally, sometimes reminding people that "ve-hic-u-lar" traffic through the swap meet is precluded at certain hours of the day. Something about how he enunciates that word!

Anyway, thinking of Hershey always brings back happy thoughts! Good luck once again John!

Get my 48 Plymouth ragtop on the road (The front end brakes and complete steering box and column are laying all over the Garage), Drive my 36 Chrysler a whole lot more than I did last year :cool:and add an Auburn to the Garage. I think a Convertible Sedan would be best for the family.:D I missed one this year. I won't let that happen again!

Good luck John!

Speaking of Hershey, the title of this thread made me think of Hershey when I read it--it reminded me of "The Voice" that comes over the PA system there occasionally, sometimes reminding people that "ve-hic-u-lar" traffic through the swap meet is precluded at certain hours of the day. Something about how he enunciates that word!

Anyway, thinking of Hershey always brings back happy thoughts! Good luck once again John!

Thanks, Steve! I think I might just buy something and tell her when I get home. As a friend of mine says, when it comes to cars, it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is for permission.

And you are absolutely right about the announcer at Hershey and "ve-hic-u-lar" traffic! Only about 275 days to go!