Did you get what you wanted from Santa ?

Trulyvintage

Early Sunday morning the temperature was 22. I was putting on a truckload of sweaters to drive my '13 T runabout to Cars and Croissants, a local show. My wife rolled over and said: "There's a box in my office. You can have it early.'' It was a snowmobile suit! Now my totally-open brass cars are a four-season hobby, at least when there's no salt on the roads.

Gil Fitzhugh, Morristown, NJ

Guest shadetree77

Santa came early at my house. Guess he needed to free up room on his sleigh for Christmas day. He brought me a new fender and a new door for my Buick. He also brought me a 150 pc. black chrome tool set and an Eastwood MIG welder with tons of welding equipment!!Best Christmas ever!! Now I just need to find some floor pans in my stocking. Hope all of you have a Merry Christmas.

post-75106-143138775296_thumb.jpg

Bought myself a sand blast cabinet from Harbor Freight. For the money... On sale.... It got good reviews when I researched it.

Talked to a guy in the store looking at the same cabinet and he said his buddy has an 800.00 cabinet and he likes the 209.00 Harbor Freight better.

I'll put it to good use with all the small parts on the 30 CJ.

Bill H

Jim, I like your photo of 'on the road'

I passed a large flat bed yesterday hauling a dozer, a backhoe, and a shiny red late 70's -early 80's Pontiac Trans Am convertible. Made me take a second look for sure.

Happy Holidays to all.

Jim, I like your photo of 'on the road'

I passed a large flat bed yesterday hauling a dozer, a backhoe, and a shiny red late 70's -early 80's Pontiac Trans Am convertible. Made me take a second look for sure.

Happy Holidays to all.

Thank you Bill .....

Jim

Guest longman

It's 8am christmas morning here in Australia. Santa was very kind, he bought me a nice shiny new set of top quality spanners! my whippet will love them when I massage her bolts.

Guest Cadillac Country Club

Still have a few hours to go until Santa makes his way here. Looking forward to a few Cadillac books that I put on my amazon wish list for my Girlfriend to see :)

Guest straight shooter
No !!

I ran out to the garage first thing this morning and NO '39 Roadmaster Phaeton Convertible to be found anywhere :(:(:( .

Danny

I also love the 39 Roadmaster Phaeton Convertible but I am not expecting to find one under the christmas tree tomorrow. I will settle for any other 39 Buick but it is also not going to happen. :(

Yep,

64 sheets of 8'x4' drywall

2200 sq ft insulation

800 sq ft attic flooring

attic stairs

6000 cfm attic fan

1000 sq ft floor epoxy

16 4' shop lights

5 20amp GFCI outlets

10 15amp GFCI outlets

150' 12-2 wire

200' 14-2 wire

10 days off to install it all.

I've completed the electrical, installed the attic floor, stairs and fan. Trying to gather friends and family to help with the drywall. With any luck I'll have a first class space in another week or two. I'll probably have to wait until next year for tools... but I am thrilled to get the shop done.

Guest sidewinder64

Merry Christmas!

I'm a new member - looking a radiator for my 1960 thunderbird 352 v8

any help is most appreciated!

Thanks-sidewinder64

Tools, MG Seat Covers for Susan, some MG wine glasses, and a great day with the grandkids. I'm really pleased to see them developing their own interests in cars and working on them. May I digress for a moment - had a special request for Model car kits this year and I shopped long and hard for some good ones. Thank goodness you can still get some 60s and 70s muscle car kits. What ever happened to the really antique car kits from AMT? I remember buying Model A Model T kits. I was shocked to find out that Wal Mart is not offering model kits of any kind any more around here. Maybe thats where we are lossing some of our youth. No good antique model car kits (or toys) around anymore.

Terry

.....May I digress for a moment - had a special request for Model car kits this year and I shopped long and hard for some good ones. Thank goodness you can still get some 60s and 70s muscle car kits. What ever happened to the really antique car kits from AMT? I remember buying Model A Model T kits. I was shocked to find out that Wal Mart is not offering model kits of any kind any more around here. Maybe thats where we are lossing some of our youth. No good antique model car kits (or toys) around anymore.

Terry

Terry, check at hobby stores. They have a better selection of the older ones. They also show up at flea markets from time to time. :)

GREAT GIFTS !!

Pair of OPTIMA 6-Volt batteries strapped in parallel for the 1941 Cadillac,

New 6-Volt battery for the 1930 Packard,

Pair of Blitz 16,000 lb capacity lightweight ramps,

Pair of Blitz lightweight wheel-chocks,

Map update for the Garmin GPS,

Weather nice enough to drive the old cars,

then -

Daughter fixed a honey-baked ham for Christmas dinner,

and now - Drew Brees, Quarterback for our New Orleans Saints football team seta a new "single-season" record for passing yardage - set 27 years ago by Dan Marino

:)

post-54863-143138778423_thumb.jpg

post-54863-143138778424_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)

Yup, a good time spent with family, and a Grand Christmas Dinner. And my 82 Buick Riv carried me there, and back, without a Hitch. The roads have been very dry and clean in this area of the North East. Although it looks like that may change this week. Hence, the old Riv has been put back in winter hybernation. Dandy Dave!