2009 Official list of who will be at Hershey.

Shop Rat

Rather than have Peter G. sort out the 2009 posts that were put on the 2005 thread I am starting a new thread. (He suggested I do this. :))

I know that some of you already posted your information on that thread. Please be kind enough to re-post the information here. As information is added for flea market spots I will do a compiled list like I did last year and post it so that folks can print it off to take to the fields with them. I will sort it by field. Also, post information about what type/brand of items you will have for sale. It will help other forum members find you.

Also, let us know if you will be judging, showing or just attending if you won't be selling.

Bill and I will be looking for items for our 1939 Dodge, 1963 1/2 Ford Falcon Sprint convertible and the 1974 Mercedes 450SL. We will both be judging on Saturday.

HI ALL,

Marty Roth will be at Chocolate Field, CG-32,33,34 -- same spot since Chocolate Field first opened in 1984. We will be a hospitality spot for Louisiana Region, and may vend a little too.

Hope to see you there. Stop by, take a load off !

Guest windjamer

I will be there Tues. untill Fri. Chocolate field, not sure but I think c3b 6-10. I will have some nib metal signs for napa, dealer parts books for you Olds guys. I have a large box of n.o.s. Ford junk I mean parts for 60 to 75 truck. Lots of GOOD used GM stuff and a extra chair if you just want to stop and B S . Anyone need a good used gas tank for a 72 Chevelle? how about some glass for a 65 skylark??

Guest windjamer

Ted, you might ask the ladies in hospitality or registration to try and sell them for you. At our own meet we had several folks that wanted to buy tickets. In fact I bought extra tickets for friends that showed up late.

I'll be in the Car Corral as always, hopefully in the same spots way, way way back by the toll booths. We'll bring some appropriate Hershey cars for sure. I have been in attendance since 1967, and in that length I have missed only three times, traveling from as far as California and as close as Carlisle. But, rest assured if Bob Lichty isn't at Hershey check the hospital, undertaker or they cancelled the show. I really miss the mud! The Derry Township Fire Police are as mean spirted as ever, the Hershey region volunteers just as restrictive as ever, my feet always hurt as much as ever, it will no doubt rain, traffic awful, hotel prices crazy, and did I mention I miss the mud? BUT, I wouldn't miss Hershey for anything in the world. If any of my kids get married and "finally" go away, and the wedding is during the high holly days of Hershey I will be at Chocolate town!

Flea market spaces GAF-19-20. look for the flag that looks like my advatar, and I'm across from the Packard people with thier big yellow ballon.

Best time to visit would be after 1pm, i will most likely be back from searching for fleas. Mom and Dad watch my fleas while I'm out.

Will be there till judge's breakfast (camper & trailer will still be there but I won't be). Dad and I will be judging on Saturday. We break down our spot Fri evening.

I usually hit the red field on Wed, Choclate on Thurs, green & orange on Friday. I usually pull a green wagon with me.

Edited by novaman
wrong isle in green field (see edit history)

Guest Steve_Heald

Reposting this from the previous thread...

We wouldn't miss Hershey for the anything (almost) in the world. Pamela and I will be there Friday night (that's the Friday before Hershey week) to be ready to help with Library duties. There's tent set up on Sunday, the Literature Auction on Monday, and then the games begin on Tuesday. Oh, and we'll be showing a 1908 Browniekar, going for a Senior (if we earn Junior in Topeka). It's the best week of the year.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

Mark your Hershey Info: RED FIELD, CENTER, ROW F - RCF 31

At this spot we will offer part of a big barn find of NOS parts (most in original boxes):

:D:D:D

1940's and 1950's Chevy and Buick Accessories

Some NOS 1950's era Mopar Parts

Also a large selection of mostly NOS 1958 Chevrolet parts that we acquired this year surplus to our restoration needs. We bought a whole pickup load to get what we needed for our 1958 convertible restoration.

If anyone has a need for any of the following items, please respond at our e-mail at orrlytle@aol.com. We will bring to Hershey if serious interest.

Used from an Arkansas 1958 Chevy Bel Air 4 door sedan:

Any parts not interchangable with a 1958 Impala convertible (nothing from

the cowl forward)

Doors with trim,, mirror, and power windows (both windows have cracks

(vent windows OK)

Power bench front seat

Also a used 1960-64 Corvair engine cover....Is this a hood or trunk lid? :confused: Whatever, it covers the engine compartment.

Bill & Pat

Ohio

Edited by PatL
Additional information: We will be at RCF 31 Wednesday thru Friday 8 am-5 pm weather permitting. We will be judging on Sat. (see edit history)

I have already sent in my registration, have received confirmation, and can hardly wait for October. This will be my ninth year in a row to go, and the fifth that I will be bringing my black 1962 Oldsmobile Starfire Coupe. I had the chance to chat with Motorcar Portfolio's Bob Lichty prior to the Pro Football Hall Of Fame Parade in Canton this past Saturday morning, and like he said, check the hospitals or the morgue if he's not in Hershey, and the same applies to me!

Am looking forward to meeting up my Hershey roommate (Dick from the Johnstown, PA area--thanks in advance for putting up with me once again), catching up with all my old friends, making new ones, and plan on doing the usual routine, stopping by the Oldsmobile vendors, taking in the AACA Museum, and being sure not to miss the all-you-can-eat spaghetti dinner at the fire station in Hummelstown on Friday evening, not to mention the crabcake stand in the swap meet area.

I have also talked with several people about going to Hershey, and, perhaps because of my enthusiasm about it, some of them are actually contemplating going once again after a several-years hiatus.

In case you missed it on another thread, there is a great 10-minute color clip that someone put on You-Tube highlighting the October, 1962 AACA Fall Meet in Hershey. Funny to see our classics of today being the everyday transportation back then!

Like I said, I'll be looking for the usual items, mainly now for the '62 Olds Dynamic 88 Fiesta Wagon I'm in the process of fixing up; BTW, the white whale made the cut for "The Soloist", which came out on DVD this week; haven't seen the whole movie yet, but in scanning it, it's in the background at about the 20 minute mark.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there!

Mike

I'll be there all week and showing a '56 Mercedes 190SL on Saturday.

Remember, if you are going to be in the area for Wednesday night, make sure you reserve your tickets for the annual Night at the Museum gala - Night at the Museum 2009 | AACA Museum, AACA Library, Antique Automobile Club of America. All the proceeds go to benefit the AACA National, AACA Library and Research Center and the AACA Museum.

Bryan Shook

Everyone above this post has been added to the list I am preparing as a printable list that you can take to Hershey with you.

That list will be posted shortly in advance of Hershey. If anyone needs it before then let me know by PM and I can e-mail it straight to you.

I am sorting the list by field colors, car corral, showing, showing and shopping and showing and working (so far those are the headings, there may be more. :D )

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be there - my spots are just across from the crab cake guy over in front of the Giant Center. Stop by and say Hi - bring old spark plugs!!! If I'm not there I'm over at your place. I like to shop so drop by later in the PM to see what goodies you missed. Always got a few brass lights, some interesting early stuff and time to talk. It's the best place and time in the world! Think Susan is coming with me this year so it'll sure help pretty up the space!

Terry

We'll be there on Monday. For the first time we'll have a flea market space (actually 5 of them) over there in the red field. We didn't get the '29 Whippet running right, so we're leaving it home, and we're bringing the '37 Plymouth pickup down for another Preservation Award. I'm not judging anymore.

My spaces are under the big white tent at the bottom of the walking bridge (North side) from green to Chocolate Field. Spaces C4A1-6 & C4B1-4. I will have my usual 10 tons of jacks and tools! We also host the Wills Ste Claire Meeting Friday at 9am. anyone interested in Wills are welcome. Karl DSC01836.jpg

Guest br-549

Hey, have those of you who have spaces in the feilds received your windsheild stickers yet? I have not- not sure if i should be worried yet?

Take Care, jerry

Got the official notice today. We will be back in our regular CI8-10. I will be bring some Crosley parts and misc odds and ends. One of my friends that usually joins me was a Chevy dealer in the 80s and brings some interesting NOS Chevy and Corvette bits and pieces that he got out of stock before he sold the dealership. Who knows what my son will dig up to bring.

Guest Gen3AntiqueAuto

I've got mail! Stickers are here. OBG29 and OBG30 I think were the spaces. Fourth Avenue on the map. Not the first Fourth Ave in the Orange field, the SECOND Fourth Ave... ???

Anyway - we'll be there. I'm bringing Dynabeads, some junk, Timesaver, and maybe a T shortblock with an A crank in it. If anyone needs anything from us, call now so I can get it loaded in time.

CamperInIndiana.jpg

Guest Mark Golding

I'll be in My spaces GBK 41-44 just look for the Bristol Double Decker Bus. I will have Lincoln, Packard and other missolanious parts. and a 1967 Austin Princess for sale .

Is anyone intersted in coming over for Pizza on Wed. Night please let me know.

markgold@nep.net

Princess%20003.jpg

We'll be there...CH8-9 and I believe we'll have some Kaiser Frazer and Willys goodies with us too! As always, I'm looking forward to the Thursday nite toy show...I'm now 3 deep in pedal car projects...maybe I should rethink that!

Guest my3buicks

Will be there Friday & Saturday - Enjoying the flea market Friday and the show Saturday. Entered the car in the Drivers Class this year so I can forgo the heavy cleanup and prep to give me more time to enjoy myself. This is a new concept for me ; )

I am bringing the Flame Orange 72 Buick Centurion Conv. If I am at the car stop and say hey.

post-30591-143138109587_thumb.jpg

We will be at RWO 8-17 displaying a '59 Caddy Conv as well as a 1927 Kissel and possibly a partially restored 1948 Buick Woody body. Not for sale, just as examples of our work. Stop by for a free local apple. This will be our 42nd year in the flea market. My Son has perfect attendance, this will be his 26th and he just turned 26 last month.

Guest Gen3AntiqueAuto

I'll be placing a big order for dynabeads probably tomorrow. If you want some for your car, truck, or motorcycle - let me know ASAP. If you don't know what it is - balances your tires from the inside, no ugly/dangerous lead weights on your pride and joy.

I can deliver to Hershey free, no sales tax and no shipping cost if you prepay for them. If you buy it there we have to pay PA sales tax. No tax for me to give you something you already own, right? :) Email me off the forum and let me know your tire size if your interested.

Our website and more info: Dynabeads

We'll be on the Orange Field, with a big Class C with green (teal?) stripes on it. Stop in and say hello!

Family and I will be in the Green Field GDK-35. Cant miss my 28' trailer with my logo taking up most of it. Will have some parts goodies and maybe a car or two. If you see me walking around, feel free to say hello! I am the goofball with the thumbs up! My camera seems to make my belly look bigger than it is. I wonder why it does that?

3805467247_96047fa6e1_b.jpg

Edited by Tom Laferriere (see edit history)

Okay, but who are the other nuts in your family tree? Somehow I don't think your family tree "branches" very much from the look of them. :rolleyes::P:D

Left to right: Sister-in-law Jeanne, sister-in-law's daughter Ashley, Brother Jim handing me the cash, yours truly accepting the cash, sister Laurie holding the sign, my father Arthur, my significant other Jaclyn, my almost 4 year daughter Lily, Sister Laurie daughter Kira holding the other sign. Missing from the picture are my 1 1/2 year old son Richard (was napping), my mother and my brother Michael. This photo was an unplanned and spontaneous picture after a cookout. No alcohol involved!