Guess Im nieve.

Guest windjamer

Guest windjamer

Eather that or just dumb as a box of rocks. Lots of folks are blameing Barrett Jackson, but the truth is the culprit is gread. I know about supply and demand, but how the **** do some folks look in the mirror? Trunk speers for a 58 vette. on e/bay $4100. The whole damm car didnt cost that much when new!! Someone figured out how to make tin foil try/sheld emblems with a sticky back to cover faded originals and wants $35.00 each. Where the He** do you park your horse Jessy? I was a shop manager for over 30 years, I can truthfully say I never sold a part that wasnt needed or charged more than the job called for. Most of the time less. Yes I want to make a liveing, but fifty bucks for something I paid a buck for I can not /will not do. I dont care if its the last one in the world.

Ey ey Captian, I'm as nieve as you. wink.gif I even give good parts away from time to time if I got em and someone needs em. I guess I can join the Dumb Ox crowd..... At least I sleep good at night. laugh.gif Dandy Dave!

Sorry, but this is Econ 101 - supply and demand. The number of original cars and parts is constantly decreasing. Also, please do not confuse asking prices on auction sites with actual selling prices where cash changes hands. People can ask whatever they want, and when the item doesn't sell, they still have to pay their 12% to ebay. The ebay advanced search function allows you to search on completed auctions only. Type in any search words you want (though you might want to spell "spear" correctly for best results wink.gif ) and see if any of these high dollar items have actually sold. Usually the overpriced stuff is unsold with "reserve not met". I rarely see any of the high dollar 442s actually sell on ebay, for example. Even items that do sell are often relisted a couple of weeks later with some lame excuse. The beauty of the free market economy is that is self-regulates.

Well, it does until the gov't bails out the idiots who make bad financial decisions - but that's a topic for another thread.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, it does until the gov't bails out the idiots who make bad financial decisions - but that's a topic for another thread. </div></div>

Joe, you said a mouthful there. This is where the old Rants and Raves was fun. Times like these makes me miss that Forum. frown.gif

Windjamer and I have a lot in common. He says what he thinks and I'm like a box of rocks sometimes! grin.gif

Wayne

The difference is that there are a lot of reproductions for Mustang parts. Also a lot of places that deal in used and n.o.s. Mustang parts. If you need a Tucker bumper you are screwed. Also a Tucker won't look good with a Mustang bumper on it. So if you find one, you either pay what they are asking, pay to fabricate one, or you don't get one.

As far as Ebay, the ridiculously priced stuff doesn't sell. If you wait long enough, more reasonably priced parts will come up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Badger Guy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not the people selling! It's the people buying. </div></div>

that is right ...

We list most all our items on ebay at less than $1 in an auction format, 10 days that covers two weekends

the people that want the parts are the one that determine what the final price is

Here is an example of a sale that is ridiculous IMHO, $949 for some lifters for an engine that are HIDDEN and OEM style replacement parts ARE available. Why pay so much? Because they are ORIGINAL parts I guess, I wouldn't pay that, replacements are fine if they are hidden and do not pose a threat of failure ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NOS-GM-52...m#ht_500wt_1452

on an unrelated note, Hot Wheels seem to be doing well in this "recession"

$900,100 for an original 1968 Hot Wheels display and cars ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180321968359

PS: the word is spelled naive.

The other word, nieve:

Noun

nieve (plural nieves)

Variant form of nief.

Nief:

Noun

nief (plural niefs)

a fist

1989: Nestorius exploded at that and hit out. He roared and dismissed the class, hitting out with his old mottled gnarled niefs. — Anthony Burgess, The Devil's Mode

Alternative forms

nieve

There you go, English 201 for today ... smile.gif

Guest windjamer

Bad spelling,gulty. bad consience not gulty. I also carry metal valve caps to give to needy on the show field,toys for kids under 8-10 at my flea spot and I sleep good.

If you have what you consider a rare part, identify it correctly, take a lot of pictures with a detailed description and then list it on eBay for a million dollars what's wrong with that? Maybe it's the original data plate to the one of the Bugatti Royales? Who is to say what it's worth but you, the owner and somebody willing to buy it. It's just supply and demand - capitalism - the ONLY system that will work efficiently over time.

What IS unethical is purposely misleading someone so they pay more for something thinking it's something else or in better condition then what it really is.

I have no controll over what the final bid is on my eBay items. If I make an outright killing that tells me that two guys really wanted the item. The real joy comes when I'm lucky enough to have an exact twin to the part in the auction and make the second bidder as happy as the winner. Parts whore? maybe, but I get to pay bills and sleep just great.

I have literally given parts away to help promote the old car hobby and I have made some good money selling stuff on Ebay.

I don't understand how anybody can do something like this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Model-A-F...sQ5fAccessories

I have not sold anything on Ebay in quite a while. I must be an idiot, because I would list a jack like this (and I think I have two of them) for an opening bid of $9.99 with no reserve.

MCHinson...The guy DID get a bid on the jack. I am shocked. What I am REALLY shocked about is when I put up crappy little items on ebay that cost me $1.00 each and I get over $150.00 for each. I love it. I need more $1.00 items!!!

With a (0) feedback chances are it was a shill bid on the jack. Even so if you REALLY needed the jack that $174.99 is less than the lost days pay and drive time /gas & food you would spend going to a flea market, in the hopes that the jack would be there. Never rains on eBay either.