All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. Has anyone had any luck using radiator stop leak? And if so which brand works best? I used rust remover in my radiator on my old Buick and I think it worked too well. I noticed a small leak by the lower radiator hose connection. I saw that the cross frame has a wet spot but I can't really see it dripping out. It's a 35 Buick which means I have to pull the grill shell to remove the radiator, what a pain! I'll try the stop leak first. Thanks,Greg.
  3. Here is another photo that shows the Carriage House lights a little bit better. Terry Wiegand South Hutchinson, Kansas
  4. Several of my Pre-War Buick friends and enthusiasts have watched the progress of the rebuilding of my shop building. The building is 24 x 60 feet and when I built it back in 1992 I put Redwood lap siding on it. Several years ago we had a bad hailstorm come through our part of town and destroyed the siding and Cedar Shake roof. I had a brand new 18 foot Wells Cargo enclosed trailer that had never had a car in it that was totaled out. To make a long story short we ended up suing our insurance company to get a settlement for the damages. With all of that said, I started over on the building. It has a brand new Western Red Cedar Taper Sawn hand nailed roof on it. The soffit and facia material is Western Red Cedar. The original shake roof gave us 25 years with no leaking after the storm. We went with LP SmartSide siding material and I really like working with this stuff. I am in the process of getting the Reno Buick Company sign ready to hang over the overhead door that is in the photos. The county that we live in here in Kansas is Reno County. The origins of the Buick Dealership in Hutchinson date back to 1907. It seems very appropriate that the name Reno Buick Company should identify this shop building. I have the largest collection of Pre-War Buicks in Hutchinson, Kansas, so that name seems very fitting for their home. I will post more photos once the hand-lettered sign is installed. The color scheme is the result of my wife's very good eye for historic colors. Terry Wiegand South Hutchinson, Kansas aka Doo Dah America
  5. Hershey does a fabulous job,we helped him at Auburn setting up one year,hard work,thanks Steve for the dedication.
  6. the title says its a 16 the guy we got it from swears its a 16 everything I find says 24 or newer
  7. Pride of Pickled Packards Parked in Purgatory
  8. Looks like a link to a Malware or Phishing site. Don't click on it.
  9. So maybe those guys called "tire kickers" know something after all.
  10. I can only imagine all the work that you and the Hershey Chapter of the A.A.C.A. puts in. After the show we all go home, but you and your staff still have work to do. THANK YOU for your efforts. Greatest HERSHEY ever!!!!!!! Oh, by the way, can you arrange for a couple of flyovers next year, they were great!!!
  11. Almost all of the pre war cars are in Part 1
  12. As noted, you need to be very careful where you put the mirror so that it is both adjustable and usable. That location will not be the same distance from the front of the door as the driver's mirror, so test before you drill. But then, so what? When are you ever looking at both sides of the car at the same time?
  13. Today
  14. relatively good condition- few creases but nice- 45. includes shipping to lower 48 copy of same, dated 1928, but is a copy- goes for 20. shipped to lower 48 rdz69@aol.com
  15. And 33 Chevrolet as well
  16. Happiness is finding the painter the previous owner hired to paint the car you bought.
  17. Show him the video also, link is above.
  18. That`s right this part is from the firewall, inside of the doors have the same color and there paint is missing on the exterior it looks like the same color below. It`s repainted with a brighter color and I miss the plate with Trim codes
  19. So far I have only seen Firestone, Excelsior, Lester and Lucas Olympic brands available in my size. I'm leaning toward the Olympic because of the tread and sidewall design, price, and the fact it is NOT sold by Coker. Has anyone had bad experience with this tire? (PM me if you do not want to share here)
  20. Chris somewhere in my spare parts is a linkage that I removed from my 1938 parts car but the K15 used the Hercules engine didn't it? If your truck used the Hercules these parts may not fit your engine but if they will work just let me know and I'll dig them out. Is the carb different than the car?
  21. Telriv, I agree with you on the alignment or interference with the vent window. I was wondering that myself. My left side is remote so I'll just leave well enough alone. It not the option list any how.😊 Thanks, Art
  1. Load more activity