All Activity

This stream auto-updates

1. Past hour
  2. Thanks to both of you for the responses. I can get a pair of cheap plastic aftermarket mirrors at Advance Auto for $25.99 but I think I will try to find a matching one to the one I have because it's pretty heavy and looks like it's a much higher quality and definitely not plastic. Time to go to Ebay. Thanks again....
  3. Hello from Scotland, just wondering if anybody out there has a exploded view of a 1910 Argyll 2 cylinder 10hp rear differential. I am wondering how the propshaft fits in to the diff, is it a square end or some other way? I was trying to remove the gearbox and pulled the box forward and the prop shaft came out a bit but it will not go back in to the diff. Going to have a go again tomorrow so any help would be grateful. Charlie Haycock
  4. Thanks GS and Jay. I think the painters disassembled the vent cover, so I will check there first.
  5. Here are the rest of the photos Porsche 944 Alfa-Romeo Alfetta GTV Talbot Samba convertible BMW 2002 Peugeot 203 coupe Peugeot 203 convertible Citroën SM Simca 1100 Special Renault 5 Alpine Volvo P1800 Renault 15 TL Range Rover Renault 6 Alfa Romeo GTV Peugeot 304 convertible Renault 6
  6. guy i met has a collection of Templar cars in Lakewood, Ohio has this axle thought it was a Templar but its not, says its for 1910 Buick anyone need it first is it for 1910 Buick
  7. My take on Brass cars is that I will probably never have a drivable example. But I really enjoy working with my basket case. Every part is so different from even cars from the 1920's. Right hand drive, outside gated shifter. Those big { rare and expensive } 27 inch Firestone detachable , demountable rims and hardware. All the reasonably high quality brass , Solar Staver badged lamps, Not in the Solarclipse class but still high quality compared to many 1912 makes, big cellular brass rad. Subframe mounted T head engine and 3 speed selective shift, Warner gear , remote gearbox. Everything that makes a 1910 - 1912 era 40 H.P. car special. Much more a piece of engineered machinery than a consumer product as cars became , Model T Ford circa 1912 onward. I am mostly a nuts and bolts guy . Even if I bought a driving brass car I would probably take it all apart almost at once anyway. Just to see how it was engineered and made.
  8. Hi……pm me with your phone number……..Ed
  9. Sent my seat motors out They can't be rebuilt they have perment magnets in them . there out of 2001 Dodge pickup .
  10. FOR SALE original auto min replacements (top, seats restored ) missing gas cap
  11. Perfect Ken. The drawing dimensions of 64ths threw me off a bit. I recently had a sheet metal shop cut some strips measuring 9/32” wide (for an obscure application on my woodie). It was done perfectly, much better than if I had tried it using my tin snips. I guess their shears can be calibrated very precisely. Thom
  12. Thank you very much for your message, it’s nice I'm happy to share these photos with you Thank you so much . Yes here we mix the cars and everyone is happy, for example, people who are in Citroen 2CV clubs are also happy to talk and see with people who have American cars, with German cars, tractors, ... I am a big ( very big ) fan of American cars ( Ilike ! ), but I also really like all other vehicles, I like the Renault Dauphine, Peugeot 302 , Citroen Traction, .... , Thanks for the links, no I didn't know, but I talked to my parents about it and they know, my parents watched it when they were young . Thank you so much ! , I will post the rest of the photos
  13. Looks like a nice car with real driver potential but I agree about the asking price. Another example of a lazy and unmotivated seller - dirty car parked in what? a junkyard? Hardly any photos or description details. This is literally a few miles from me but this ad won't get me to look.
  14. the blue car is a Courier car company I believe a 1910 ex- Herb Singe
  15. Thom, that is what Anderson’s book says and appear to match what I have. 1/8 between the stripes and a 1/8-in center stripe. My outer stripes are 1/16th inch wide.
  16. The aftermarket mirror you have pictured is called a Yankee Tri Bar mirror according to some current Ebay listings.
  17. A local club member broke the Planar main spring on his 5C 39 president. I have a 7c 41 president parts car. Chassis catalog shows 4c and 7c are the same part number but 5c and 6c are different. Will my '41 spring fit in his '39? thanks
  18. Today
  19. In 60 years I suspect nothing will excite me.
  20. Chris Do you have one that is not working / damaged I can rebuild them if you have one to start with Contact me if you think this is a solution. Frank
  21. Tom, that looks like the kind of car that when you are "tidying things up and detailing it to sell......You fall back in love with it". If it leaves your home/stable, I'm sure someone is going to be very happy with it. Peerless, longer WB, nice paint and presentation. If I was looking for an interesting Speedster that stands out from the crowd, yours would be my choice. Hope it stays with you or finds an appreciative home.
  22. The mirror that was in your trunk is an aftermarket accessory mirror. TerryB's sales brochure picture shows the correct 1955 Dodge mirror. I believe all Chrysler products used the same outside mirror in 1955.
  23. Today was top prop polishing. From top to bottom are 1. Original 2 Aluminum brighter 3. Black Diamond polish 4. Brown Tripoli
  24. Keiser31 always inspired my with his story of his first car with pictures. My first antique collector car was a 1934 Ford Tudor V8, which I restored and kept for 24 years. My Holly Grail car was my 1934 Ford Phaeton V8 Which was replaced by another 1934 Ford Tudor V8 My final car may be our 1934 Ford Fordor V8. They all toured the USA with me at the wheel. The other 111 cars all had interesting stories and lives while they were owned by me. I don't think these cars caused my white hair either, but maybe some of the adventures!
  1. Load more activity