All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. I'm thinking of going to LEDs in the instruments. Who did you buy the LEDs from? What part number or equivalent bulb number did you order for the instrument lights? You said you chose amber color. Those look really yellow (orange) on the websites I have seen. How orange does it look in the car? Buick put a blue finish inside the instrument panel so that the yellow-ish bulbs combined with it to look green-ish in the dash. Perhaps the warm-white LEDs would mimic that? I'd like to replicate that. Perhaps use green LEDs? Too green?
  3. I am in no means trying to get into a pissing match with anyone. All I was trying to do was differentiate for John the differences in the Riviera spinners no more no less. It has been well established by many on this forum that the first 1963 Riviera wire wheel covers were taller than the Riviera wire wheel covers that came later. It has been also well established by many on this forum that the early 1963 Riviera Wire wheel covers were a 3 hole spinner and that the later Riviera wire wheel covers were 4 hole spinners. These facts I believe to be true and no one will convince me otherwise.The only part that is interchangeable between the early and later wheel covers is the center medallion. The tab on the later center medallions would have to be ground off to use on the early spinner though. Is it possible that someone put a 64-65 center medallion in a 3 hole spinner? It is possible. We all know that over the course of 50 years things get mixed and matched (or mismatched) on a regular basis. I do not know how the wire wheel covers for the other Buick models were configured or constructed. Were they the same as the Riviera wire wheel covers other than the center medallion or were they different in some regard? I don't know. I do know that there were wire wheel covers used on other Buick models other than the Riviera that were the same height as the later Riviera wire wheel covers and there were some shorter than the later Riviera wire wheel covers. See Pic. The cover on the left is an NOS later Riviera wheel cover and the one on the right an NOS Buick wire wheel cover with the Red, White and Blue center medallion used on other models. I bought it thinking it was one of the covers that was used on other models that was the same as the Riviera cover and discovered it was shorter. This cover could have accepted a Riviera center medallion. With that you get covers with 3 different heights used on Buicks but, only 2 of the those being used on the 63-65 Riviera. That's all I have to say about that. Bill
  4. Bryan, I've probably made a rush to judgement based on the setting, color, debris, etc. I think that I also felt a little guilt for sending you on a wild goose chase because I posted this lead in the first place. Your unclouded description is cause for optimism. Perhaps someone who is up to the task will step up. It would be a great, classy and speedy Buick and one that anyone would be proud to own when finished. Here's a Century coupe from Google note the goofy sun visor angle. That extra bit of wheelbase goes a long ways toward making this car quite elegant.
  5. I didn’t do anything with the surfaces as they were OK. i did have a problem with the front turn signals as they were a little bit to large.
  6. Or more to the point, if this is another pack rat type owner who can't even afford storage, let alone upkeep/resto, why not sell them to someone who can? I feel bad for the loss of the cars, but I don't have any sympathy for unrealistic hoarders.
  7. I really enjoy seeing these kind of historical display posters and photos and am going to continue my search to try and make my research finding as accurate as possible - no guessing. Love those "FLASH" poster and hope to find as many as I can, along with photos, for my project. Thanks David.
  8. YEP DON'T NEED LOUD MUSIC AT THE SHOWS AND MEETS! THE WORST EVER FOR ME WAS A SHOW AT A TECH SCHOOL, PEOPLES CHOICE JUDGING. Our AMC Club decided to make it a Club advent for a get together and had about 20 AMC Cars come. There were no Class, Year or Model requirements. The Schools Parking lot filled up with Low Riders, Tuners, Drift and Modern Vehicles with LOUD....REALLY LOUD SYSTEMS IN THEIR TRUNKS DOOR PANELS AND ANY WHERE THEY COULD INSTALL AMPS AND SPEAKERS. Our Club arrived early and we parked together. Then arriving late were New Trucks and Cars that parked directly behind us, back to back. They proceeded to fire up their systems to see who had the loudest. I packed up and left...no fled, to get out of there fearing for my hearing. I must be getting old.
  9. Where`s the heavy rubber pad or silly putty backing for the center? Looks to me like someone has been into this cover jacking around as evidenced by the missing/broken screws. Ed, take the cover apart and lets see if the center properly indexes into the spinner. I suspect someone was in there playing games, Tom Mooney
  10. Hey Doug, Great time yesterday! The eight plus hours in a car for the International Buick parts transfer was flawlessly a blast! It was a fun time traveling with you and just having Buick fun! Thanks for all your help and the fine conversation on our trip. It sure made the trip go a lot faster. Glad the BP was lenient with you (haha) and you made it back safe and sound. We will definitely have to get together again for another International Buick rad trip. Maybe next time, we will go to that place south of Detroit, Windsor! Thanks again my friend. It was a pleasure to have you as a traveling partner, rain and shine! Jim
  11. That is actually in very nice shape for its age and I would be surprised if a professional car collector doesn't snap it up. The full windows also make it more attractive for someone looking to convert it into a party or gag vehicle. Hearses seem to be either ridiculously under or overpriced, I have always had a guilty desire to own one but have never had the storage space for such giant vehicles. The older ones are also crazy heavy to the point that special running gear, wheels and tires are needed to safely drive them.
  12. Thank you, to all of you for your helpful information ! Hans
  13. The "Parking Brake" light problem sounds like the pedal assembly is sticking. The grease used becomes sticky after 30 years and prevents good operation. I suggest spraying a bit of WD40 (or similar) on the pivot points and work the pedal a number of times. It should free up and work correctly after that. The light is activated by nothing more than a copper tine making contact with the parking brake pedal pawl gear. The brake light switch down by the pedal activates the rear lights on the car. If you swapped over to vacuum assisted brakes it's possible that the brake light switch bracket is different from the TC Teves pedal. You might be able to get away with tweaking the bracket so the switch works if it is different. The switch itself screws in and out of the bracket IIRC. HTH...
  14. On the Navy technique, that's used to check preheat for welding where approximately room temp (60F) minimum preheat is required. The source of the moisture is really the water vapor as result of burning a hydrocarbon fuel (acetylene, propane etc.). The basic combustion products are H20 and CO2 always. Once the metal heats up the water vapor no longer condenses, and yes there is a lot of water that will condense. Try your propane torch on a cold piece of material and you'll see.
  15. Matt, I am glad you are still on the forum and still messing with cars after the fiasco with the Lincoln.
  16. figuring all the work is in prep as it always is. stripping and filling in puts and doing copper coats.that is where it all is. I am ok since it will result in a superior finished product.i got him down to $300 out the door...think i am going to stop at the polished nickel so that i can get Bill (Uvira)to aluminize them, seems to be a superior quality and longer lasting product and no tarnish/polishing required
  17. Might be best to take it to an upholstery shop that does convertibles. Window sealant might be the solution, but I don't know how well that stuff will cure to the vinyl/cloth of the top.
  18. Also improvement on rough roads like railroad tracks.
  19. So if the vehicle owner is way, way behind on the rental space, why not just put liens on the cars and not just throw them outside? Putting liens on the cars and then going to court to have them forfeited to cover back rent would have been the smarter way to go. File liens on them, seize them through court and then sell them.
  20. Apart from that aftermarket turbo kit , 53 and 71 series Detroit's are pretty simple engines. But not 2cv simple . 2 strokes with intake ports in the cyl. liner. 4 conventional exhaust valves / cyl. Heavy for a pick up but good output for a compact diesel. A bit thirsty and noisy. Greg in Canada
  21. Hello David, I believe what we could be seeing behind the lady on the left is two of the 11"x17" dealer mini posters one above the other much like the attached image. The side border does not quite much but I am sure that there is still allot of material out there that we have not found yet. That is why we need to share everything we have with Bob and not hoard it just to ourselves. I know that Bob is not making a dime out of this, he is just doing it to bring back to life a very important part of Dodge Brothers history!
  22. ok the plater wants $175 each to strip, clean up, copper, nickel, silver, polish.... about 3 weeks so $350 for finished complete Silvered Reflectors or Nickel Plated i asked about only doing up to nickel, he said, same price either way ?!? silver must be cheap or they are overcharging up front ?!?
  23. Here in small-town Pennsylvania, with a bit of searching, it would be $540 to $600 a month. That makes the car hobby much easier, and might be one of the reasons that the hobby thrives here. It pays not to live in big cities---
  24. I am wanting to purchase a 1934 Dodge Coupe. Rumble seat or trunk model. Restored or unrestored. Thank you.
  1. Load more activity