I JUST LOVE THE PICTURE OF THIS BUICK...........

That tail end of the 54 above is just like the 54 Century I have in my barn. And it once lived in New York!!! Hmmmmm, reckon?....

remember Smitty, we've got to find a seafood restaurant in Springfield so we can have some scallops for dinner. :)

https://www.google.ca/#q=springfield+missouri+seafood+restaurants

It is too much effort right now to figure out where the meet is and the distance involved.

BigDogDaddy, I love that wagon.... I see you have a 70 Merc, GT. I had a new 68 Cougar GT-E about that color, Black Cherry. NEVER SHOULD HAVE SOLD IT. Bought it new SIGHT UNSEEN in Battle Creek Michigan. I knew I wanted a 427 side oiler, so over the phone I made a deal. We lived in Saginaw at the time.

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

Thanks John. We stopped at the beach for the sunset and managed to run off some great photo's with the waves in the background. Just lucky I guess. Kalbarri is a beautiful place with dramatic river and ocean scenery. We had over 30 Buick's do the tour, many driving all the way from the other side of Australia 3000 miles away!

Guest BigDogDaddy

Here we see, in the middle of the summer of 1951, Mr. Concept Car himself -- Harley Earl -- along with his wife, Sue, in the brand new Le Sabre at the back of their 217 Touraine Rd. driveway (at their Grosse Pointe Farms, MI. home) with the Y-Job seen parked and now resting in the background.

430787_484169228294640_834626082_n.jpg?oh=cc895339781bbff2adf21cdba9f29e13&oe=54BD5835&__gda__=1425562596_b707f8953cb820bd04cfb20ab6400f08

JohnD1956,

No, but here is his operation info. He did say it is a very good process.

Garret's Rod Shop, Columbus, Oh. Phone 614 491-7799... His name is Garret Kitchen owner. www.garretsrodshop.com

Very nice guy, easy to talk with, the 47 Buick is a stunning piece. The interior was super well thought out, and quality over and over. IMHO

Dale in Indy

Edited by smithbrother (see edit history)

And I JUST LOVE THIS PICTURE, toooooooo! hehe.

For those that don't know/remember, xp-300 (Dave) inspired me to make this 26" model, and for this I am most THANKFUL. It even made Hot Rod mag this past year.

Dale in Indy [ATTACH=CONFIG]276134[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276136[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]276137[/ATTACH]

I have always wondered what happened to the original parade float and how it must of been to have seen it in a parade.