1976 Vanguard citicar High power $2,000

For those on the frugal side that have a strong urge for an electric and the latest threat to Tesla.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/3798693900419841/?ref=browse_tab&referral_code=marketplace_top_picks&referral_story_type=top_picks

About This Vehicle

Driven 7,208 miles
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Red · Interior color: Black
Fuel type: Electric
This vehicle is paid off
Seller's Description
1976 Vanguard CitiCar High Power Project Street legal full electric car
Product photo of 1976 Vanguard  CitiCar  · High power

• Like 2

Before Tesla, this was the most successful brand of modern electrical vehicle sold.  With the external metal bars attached to this one it get the unique find of the day award.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TerryB said:

Before Tesla, this was the most successful brand of modern electrical vehicle sold.  With the external metal bars attached to this one it get the unique find of the day award.

This is why Elon Musk is a genius. He invented an electric car that doesn’t make the driver look like an idiot.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, JACK M said:

I was looking at one of these for sale several years ago.

I tried to sit in it.  NO WAY a six ft guy could drive one of these.

If you can't get in it you could always wear it. 

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, alsancle said:

This is why Elon Musk is a genius. He invented an electric car that doesn’t make the driver look like an idiot.

For some reason I've always thought that was part of the appeal of driving/owning/being seen in quirky vehicles like this?🤔

I'll give it to the CitiCar designers. They "got" the gist of an electric vehicle. A small lightweight vehicle suitable for short low speed trip use in cities. Just like the golf carts popular in some communities.

1 hour ago, Gearheadengineer said:

More than once I’ve thought about a small electric car for my short commute to work. This would fit the bill but the tacked-on roll bar would have to go. 

Crazy as people in outsized pickup trucks are on the roads I think I'd want stronger bars!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rocketraider said:

For some reason I've always thought that was part of the appeal of driving/owning/being seen in quirky vehicles like this?🤔

I'll give it to the CitiCar designers. They "got" the gist of an electric vehicle. A small lightweight vehicle suitable for short low speed trip use in cities. Just like the golf carts popular in some communities.

Crazy as people in outsized pickup trucks are on the roads I think I'd want stronger bars!

I agree with you that they thought that was part of the appeal. However, normal people wouldn’t be caught dead standing within 100 yards of that car. Or most electric cars. Elon Musk made them “cool“ and for that he is a genius.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

A friend restored/reconditioned one about 20 years ago.  He only lived about 5 mile of country roads from work and still only drove it in a few times.  I road in it and there was plenty of room for the 6' 1" owner and 6' me.  Lots of rattles, felt like riding in a big can. He put new batteries in it as part of the reconditioning and decided to sell it after a few years while the batteries still were in good shape.  As I remember, 35mph was pretty much wide open on the flat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1