Theft at Hershey

Brass is Best

There is chatter on Instagram and Facebook from folks who had parts stolen at Hershey. Be on the lookout of an early 2-barrel Hilborn Fuel Injection serial number 115 with a broken mounting hole. Also, A set of 1932 Ford front fenders has been listed as stolen. Very sad to hear that this happened. Did anyone else have a problem with theft?

• Thanks 2

I too, had a very nice porcelain thermometer stolen in the Red Field on Tuesday morning. It was a "Prestolite Battery Hi - Vis Sign with Thermometer" .  Blue in color. I stepped away for 3-4 minutes into my Camper and it "walked away"! Very discouraging after 59 years at Hershey and never an issue before!

Edited by cricket-ny (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, cricket-ny said:

I too, had a very nice porcelain thermometer stolen in the Red Field on Tuesday morning. It was a "Prestolite Battery Hi - Vis Sign with Thermometer" .  Blue in color. I stepped away for 3-4 minutes into my Camper and it "walked away"! Very discouraging after 59 years at Hershey and never an issue before!

Sorry to hear that.

• Like 2

On 10/7/2023 at 12:03 PM, TAKerry said:

Sorry to hear of this. Sign of the times I suppose. Its a shame it has taken place in the antique auto hobby. 

Truth be told, I think most of the people who are doing this crap are non members of AACA.  I have never heard of anyone having any problems at the other meets.

• Like 2

I see the censor for the forum has his knife out again and cut my comment on what to do with thieves. Not offensive, disrespectful or anything but freedom of speech and of thought has been violated because it may not align with his views? Can the censor please send me a PM explaining why he chose to remove my comment - I believe I deserve to know what offence I have committed.

• Like 2

Walt from Past Gas had a small display item stolen on Tuesday, Leo from Mass had a very nice and expensive small porcelain sign stolen and also heard John Mancino had an item stolen.   For such smaller attendance theft sure has picked up.  I have been selling at Hershey since 1986 and have never had anything stolen but then again, I don't trust people I can't keep an eye on.  I had a very good Hershey.

Our spot is at the end of chocolate field north near the car corral entrance. My friend and I have 2 spaces. He showed up Monday evening and set up his tent then his sleeping tent on his trailer. He had simply piled up all the 1940s Buick parts he had in boxes in front of his sleeping tent about 8 feet away. He went to sleep in the tent. We were going to set up the parts for display when I arrived Tuesday morning. While doing this a box marked Maine Radiator was found to be missing. In the box were (2) recast 1940 or 1941 Buick steering wheels and a driver quality original. Someone had to root though the boxes to find something worth stealing. While he was asleep a short distance away.

thumbnail_IMG_4462.jpg.dec07a928b0c1d4cee62893754bb41c1.jpg He is to the left in shorts and still did not look very happy about this theft.