For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 11/2, 10/26 & 10/11 Reduced - Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe in Akron, NY  -  $24,500  -  Call: 716 913 96 three one

On 10/11, Seller reduced price to $19,900 and relisted on Facebook

On 10/26, Seller reduced price to $18,500

On 11/2, Seller reduced price to $17,000 and relisted on Facebook

Link to 11/2 relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/858004519249964/-1955-Chrysler-Imperial-Newport-Coupe

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe

• Driven 127,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

1955 Imperial Royal Crown Coupe Very nice well cared for car runs and drives excellent New tires New battery New brakes Power steering, power breaks, power windows, power seat, factory air conditioning Front seat could use to be reupholstered Nice original car you can take to car shows No trades! Serious inquiries only please

image.png.9f623a12aaf461dadcf560e70aafacff.png

image.png.9bf62897bfaefac1ab32ecef752d6b08.png

image.png.aa28b318a23a68645f67bf7048ddd515.png

image.png.6899deaba1ec5ab56ea1676e131abffb.png

image.png.3c0854d374d9ef21dc08b08fe79cb6ba.png

image.png.1cdedcf9a45a8f7f90b60909643e7330.png

image.png.e81c4f1e8863e80eb5c101c2b72f0a82.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Sal Hepatica said:

The lack of under hood cleaning and detailing, and no elbow grease and saddle soap to the leather detracts.

I agree, I don't know if this is a flipper or not, but it would seem that the owner who drove the heck out of this car and now thinks it is worth 24K doesn't make sense. The seller should take a haircut on this car for the run down condition of the interior.  Sure do like the style of this car. 

Edited by kingrudy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Maybe the name Royal Crown Coupe sounds better for resale? purposes but the correct name for this 2-door HT model is a Newport. It's not very well-cared for either as the pictures clearly show with its worn pedals and the broken horn ring on the floor. From what I can see it's just not that nice of a car and I'll bet a lot of things still need attention. Says new battery but it's not shown. Says new brakes (breaks?, whatever) but that master cylinder cap hasn't been off since maybe the Clinton administration. Poor external pictures too. I don't see anything in the pictures that would make the car worth $24K. IMO if you have that kind of money to spend you could do a lot better than this. 

• Like 3

This 1955 Imperial has appeared at a local car show I attended, appears to be a well-preserved, mostly original example.  The leather seating surfaces might be savable with conditioner and crease filler which is available.  The Imperial-specific cloth inserts could use a gentle cleaning but are also surprisingly not torn or threadbare.    The horn ring will be an expensive and difficult part to replace, may require re-casting in a more durable material.  But, for a Northeast car, this is an exceptionally well-preserved one, we're used to much worse.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

more information needed - do all the options like power windows , seat etc. all work properly? I agree with the comments that it would present better if someone had spent some time wiping down the engine compartment to at least get the dirt off. Horn ring to me would present a major problem to deal with. what are the door,hood and trunk gaskets like ? all there or brittle, missing chunks ?  I think the 1955-56 Chryslers of any model are great looking cars and the colors on this one are especially nice.

• Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Royal Crown Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 10/11 Reduced

On 10/11,

Seller reduced price to $19,900 and relisted on Facebook: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport 2-door Coupe in Akron, NY  -  Call: 716 913 96 three one

Link to relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/704575321142387/-1955-Chrysler-Imperial-2dr-Hardtop

Seller's Description:

1955 Chrysler Imperial Imperial Newport 2-door Coupe

• Driven 127,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: White
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

Nice original car with one repaint 331 hemi automatic. Ps, pb, pw, power seat factory AC Runs well Asking $19,900 don’t wanna. Store for the winter!!

image.png.7af2a701dfdddeb167bd2fecd79ed820.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 10/11 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 10/11 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 10/26 & 10/11 Reduced
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 11/2, 10/26 & 10/11 Reduced

On 11/2,

Seller reduced price to $17,000 and relisted on Facebook: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe in Buffalo, NY  -  Call: 716 913 96 three one

Link to 11/2 relist: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/858004519249964/-1955-Chrysler-Imperial-Newport-Coupe

Nice original car with one repaint 331 hemi automatic. Ps, pb, pw, power seat, factory AC. Runs well Asking $17,000 don’t wanna store for the winter!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

For some reason, this car doesn't sell. 

Upholstery is part of it. #2 - and this is just my opinion - but inventory is high for what $17,000 buys. 3rd- the body color of Emerald Green is an acquired taste. If you buy for $17,000 you better love it.  4th - 127,000 miles is a lot of 1955 miles. That’s equivalent to 250,000 today. 

For comparison look at all the nice 55-56 Packard 400s and Patricians you and others have posted in the last year that need nothing to enjoy.  And many of them languished unsold for a long time.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Looks pretty solid. Upholstery needs some attention, but it's styled very nicely. These are great cars, but for me once I've owned something (my Chrysler was a '55 Windsor) I never really get a hankering to own another one. The imperial is a bit cooler than the Windsor, though.

PS - what is that scoop looking thing on the top of the driver side rear quarter? My '55 didn't have one of those.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

34 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Looks pretty solid. Upholstery needs some attention, but it's styled very nicely. These are great cars, but for me once I've owned something (my Chrysler was a '55 Windsor) I never really get a hankering to own another one. The imperial is a bit cooler than the Windsor, though.

PS - what is that scoop looking thing on the top of the driver side rear quarter? My '55 didn't have one of those.

Scoop is on passenger side too. My guess - they are A/C air inlets.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

Upholstery is part of it....

the body color of Emerald Green is an acquired taste....

127,000 miles is a lot of 1955 miles....

Jake's points are very observant.

I don't mind some shades of green, but this green

is too bright for me, especially on a luxury car.

And the upholstery adds a shabby look to a nice exterior.

If this car were excellent all around, it could sell for

significantly more than the $17,000 asking price, I think.

The 1955 and 1956 Imperials have beautiful styling.

• Like 3

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 Chrysler Imperial Newport Coupe - "Nice original car, Runs and drives excellent" - Akron, NY - Not Mine - 11/2, 10/26 & 10/11 Reduced - Deleted