1951 Desoto Delux - $30K

Very high price but it does look like a nice car. I wonder if the carburetor comes with it?  

https://orangecounty.craigslist.org/cto/d/huntington-beach-1951-desoto-delux/7615331331.html

51 Desoto Delux 90 percent restored includes rebuilt motor and trans upgraded to 12 volt complete rewire new gas tank radiator new brakes and shocks, interior redone. Everything under hood either new or rebuilt.30k or best will consider cash and reliable foreign import. Please serious buyers only leave name and cell or email.

email: cdc723e18a103ebf94c82445a9e34bb2@sale.craigslist.org

101010_epOb3OKcj1m_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00B0B_gl3nepwUaSp_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00p0p_1ZTti7iXSiA_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00C0C_euu7lePgNqH_0pO0jm_600x450.jpg00H0H_cKLyIijoHXe_0Bs0lI_600x450.jpg

Reality will set in eventually

Nice car but not a $30K one. More likely 1/3 (or less) than that price.

Eventhough Mopars of the early 50's are solid, reliable cars there is a very limited market, especially for a 4-door sedan, as far as desirability and value.

The price for this car is more in line to a Convertible in similar condition.

• Like 5

1951 DeSoto six sedans have a very limited following and someone spent waaaay too much money restoring this one. Still missing some items like the plastic trunk ornament, dome light lens, carburetor and the entire heating system under the hood. I guess those big round ugly lights up at the lower windshield corners are the new parking and turn signal lamps? Ouch! I'm thinking they are since the correct sockets & lenses in the grille are missing, maybe the correct pieces must have got lost during the restoration... oh well, problem solved, there's more than one way to skin a cat. Selling price as is? Maybe $10K if the right person comes along that just can't live witthout a 1951 DeSoto sedan. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Looks like it's been lowered as well.

Flat black dash, moon wheel covers, multicolored interior, etc.

No doubt the seller has $30K into it, but it's going to be tough to get it back, especially here. 

5 hours ago, The 55er said:

1951 DeSoto six sedans have a very limited following and someone spent waaaay too much money restoring this one.

I agree completely, but you should put quotation marks around the word "restoring."  Part of the problem with this car is that it's neither fish nor fowl.  It certainly isn't an authentic restoration -- check out the incorrect interior with horrible dash and new radiator, for example, (as well as the things you mention).  Nor is it the kind of "resto-rod" that would bring big bucks.  I'm afraid this owner is going have a hard time facing reality as far as the market for this car.

• Thanks 1

sans the aircleaner and carb...so it is a push car?  and that piece of wood by the RR wheel...parking brake?

for 30 K you would think the idiot would take better pics and more of them

the radiator looks bone stock if you are on LSD