For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk - "Old restoration, Good driver" - Two-tone - "Wife Approval Required!" - Cookstown, NJ - Not Mine - 4/7 Reduced - 4/8 SOLD!

For sale on Facebook: 1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk 2-door Hardtop in Cookstown, NJ -  $15,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

On 4/7, Seller reduced price to $13,000

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/5748373435274932/1956-Studebaker-Sky-Hawk

Seller's Description:

1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk 2-door Hardtop

• Driven 86,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Off-white · Interior color: Tan
  • Clean title
  • This vehicle has no significant damage or problems

UPDATE TO LISTING!!! We have had two deals fall through because the wives said no! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, WIFE APPROVAL REQUIRED! Old restoration, good driver, new tires.

image.png.5dd3125f525db7b96efb66ccfde08ed1.png

image.png.564e8113dff52da26661e69f7a256ade.png

image.png.75236843508579538744c1fe4d8e9eb7.png

image.png.a8ce643708a00ee868164fc9c1b76738.png

image.png.2b25e077a5c4fd060ac4a565a7fd544b.png

image.png.b7a6730f0e93ba169de002705cf5ffd9.png

image.png.c82de32257a6bf361f39a9da1137ffe3.png

image.png.15b3677f69684d3e5e86143b17ff681a.png

image.png.b7b84c6d0f10d7300d73d5791e0eb171.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 2

Doesn't $15,000 seem too low for this car?

Is there a lot that is incorrect about it?  I see

a later "custom" steering wheel, along with

plastic after-market speakers on the back 

package shelf, and wonder if the interior fabric

is right.  Has the air cleaner been changed?

And the Hawks are prone to hidden rust.

A Studebaker expert would know these answers.

Everything I see (except the fabric) could be corrected

easily.  Otherwise, it's a very good-looking car.

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Doesn't $15,000 seem too low for this car?

Is there a lot that is incorrect about it?  I see

a later "custom" steering wheel, along with

plastic after-market speakers on the back 

package shelf, and wonder if the interior fabric

is right.  Has the air cleaner been changed?

And the Hawks are prone to hidden rust.

A Studebaker expert would know these answers.

Everything I see (except the fabric) could be corrected

easily.  Otherwise, it's a very good-looking car.

I agree. Lots to love for 15k

• Like 2

I get a kick out of the wife approval statement. I see this all the time in the music gear world I occupy.

"I really want to buy that guitar, but my wife would kill me." 

"If I buy this drumset, I'll be living in the basement for the rest of my life." 

Before we got married, my wife and I had "The Talk." I told her I was a musician who played gigs until all hours of the morning, that I spent a lot of money on musical gear, and that she might be alone on weekends. She said, "OK, I'm fine with that."

I haven't had a problem since. 

• Like 4

Nice looking car, and the price seems reasonable. These look so much better than the later models with tail fins Looks like the Speedster. Blaming the Wife is usually just an excuse for cold feet, but not always. I now have a separate car fund, so that my purchases big or small, don't have any effect on the monthly budget. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DrumBob said:

I get a kick out of the wife approval statement. I see this all the time in the music gear world I occupy.

"If I buy this drumset, I'll be living in the basement for the rest of my life." 

Before we got married, my wife and I had "The Talk." I told her I was a musician who played gigs until all hours of the morning, that I spent a lot of money on musical gear, and that she might be alone on weekends. She said, "OK, I'm fine with that."

My Wife is ok with me getting things. She just reserves the right to bring home whatever she wants whenever I bring something home. She told me if I brought home another motorcycle, she was getting a cat. So really, it's not a matter of whether or not I want a motorcycle as much as do I want a cat. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DrumBob said:

Same here, works great! We both have our interests and neither needs to justify it to the other.

I'll never understand the female that expects her man to work and provide... but live in misery, devoid of hobbies, and spend his time helping her pick out the drapes.😛

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, John Bloom said:

I agree. Lots to love for 15k

I see you've never tried to sell a Studebaker! They are a very hard car to sell for big money. Have had 4, lost money on all of them. But I still like 'em even though they are somewhat quirky, and take some time getting familiar with. Up here in Ontario where they ended their production in Hamilton there is a dedicated following. But SDC members are notoriously cheap. This is a nice car and looks to be in very decent condition. Well worth the asking price, but I bet it's not going to sell quickly. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 3/31/2023 at 9:30 AM, Lahti35 said:

This seller has been around the block... I don't know how many times I've sold stuff and then the wife says "no" with the buyer coming back to sheepishly excuse his way out of the deal. 

Drum Bob said:

When I had a music store, I'd frequently hear wives tell husbands, "You can't buy a guitar! We need to buy a new sofa!"

It's true that a sofa can be enjoyed by the whole family, while a guitar can only be enjoyed by those in the family who are musicians, but I personally don't find a new sofa any more comfortable than an old sofa. My opinion.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk - "Old restoration, Good driver" - Two-tone - "Wife Approval Required!" - Cookstown, NJ - Not Mine - 4/7 Reduced

This car looks like a steal to me.   Several updates - power brakes firewall mounted - electronic ignition- newer carburetor -new interior    Except for ( IMO) spotlights VERY nice  and for the price of a paint job.

If I had garage space I would own it. Park this by the tri-five chevys and they look like boxes.

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1956 Studebaker Sky Hawk - "Old restoration, Good driver" - Two-tone - "Wife Approval Required!" - Cookstown, NJ - Not Mine - 4/7 Reduced - 4/8 SOLD!