2023 Southeast Buick Regional Meet and Tour, Oct. 25-28 in Milledgeville, Georgia

MrEarl

15 minutes ago, Ben Bruce aka First Born said:

COME ON!!   Drive it!

Ha - that was 'Plan A', however, weather up here in late October/early November can include snow or freezing rain (which means salted roads).  Not wanting to risk that, together with the fact that I don't want to drive the '38 on Interstate highways, the alternate US/State highway route would take more time.  The decision was ultimately driven by my desire to participate in future touring events further from home and my wife's desire to bring her Allante' to FL this winter.

Don't worry - the Century gets plenty of exercise!  JohnD and I will also be doing some sightseeing in the area.  ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Wish we could take the 34 to the event, but we had another commitment made a year ago. Look for us at a meet with the car soon. Also joined the club at Hershey........

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Wish we could take the 34 to the event, but we had another commitment made a year ago. Look for us at a meet with the car soon. Also joined the club at Hershey........

ah shucks Ed, sorry to hear, been watching the roster for your name. But drop by anytime you’re in the area 

• Like 3

On 10/9/2023 at 9:15 AM, MrEarl said:

ah shucks Ed, sorry to hear, been watching the roster for your name. But drop by anytime you’re in the area 

It's a high priority on our list to do a Buick meet, and take the car on a few tours. Prefer something in the south........but we will travel for the right event. 

• Like 2

Just now, MrEarl said:

Charlotte in 2025. Maybe BG will have an after party 😁

Dates please? If I put it on the calendar today, I'm certain to have the time off.........as long as it's not too close to Pebble.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

451 miles so far. Good dinner with @EmTeetonight.20231024_071411.jpg

Nice sunrise in town

20231024_074637.jpg20231024_082520.jpg20231024_142950.jpg20231024_132206.jpg20231024_165037.jpg20231024_165952.jpgsee ya'll 20231024_191932.jpgsoon

20231024_142733.jpg

Safe travels, guys. My wife and are leaving early tomorrow morning for the Charlotte area, then on to Buick Gardens on Friday. See ya!

• Like 5

Indeed, SAFE TRAVELS on the Buick Highway everyone!!! And thank you all again for coming, some of you for many hundreds of miles, just for this one day event. Currently we have around 40 Buicks coming plus my 4, just the right number to allow time for looking them all over and meeting their owners. It's gonna be a HOOT!!!

Buickly,

Lamar and Rita

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, JohnD1956 said:

Wrapped up 350 miles today and overnighting in Hickory, NC.  What beautiful weather for a fall drive.

20231025_162917.jpg

20231025_163702.jpg

20231025_163610.jpg

20231025_163359.jpg

Hickory is a pleasant stop, 321 south is pretty nice wide open and low traffic until you get to Gastonia.

If you need anything from Steele Rubber take Hwy 16 South and they are not far off from the Hwy. But it does take you into the heart of Charlotte traffic.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, 38Buick 80C said:

Hickory is a pleasant stop, 321 south is pretty nice wide open and low traffic until you get to Gastonia.

If you need anything from Steele Rubber take Hwy 16 South and they are not far off from the Hwy. But it does take you into the heart of Charlotte traffic.

Thanks Brian. 

Mr Earl,

I really wanted to go to this one day event, to see The Buick Gardens, I just couldn't get the Buick ready in time for the 700 mile journey. Stupid carburetor, plus needs new tires. This would have been a blast!! It would have been a real pleasure meeting you, Rita and Elvis and all the other Buick Friends!

Wishing everyone safe travels! 

No skinny dipping in the Buick Pond! 🤣

Richie

Edited by 364nailhead (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2