2023 Southeast Buick Regional Meet and Tour, Oct. 25-28 in Milledgeville, Georgia

MrEarl

This announcement from the Dixie Chapter newsletter "The Dixie Valve Chatter". It's official, Lamar and Rita Brown/Buick Gardens will be hosting one day (Fri. Oct 27) of this touring event with live music and a down home country buffet. Registration open to all BCA members.  More info and registration forms to come. 

Y'all come!!!!

SoutheastRegional.png.251a88fe6f13263c44dd128771b8a90b.png

Edited by MrEarl (see edit history)
  • Like 6

• MrEarl changed the title to 2023 Southeast Buick Regional Meet and Tour, Oct. 25-28 in Milledgeville, Georgia
  • MrEarl pinned this topic
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Below are the registration forms for the 2023 Southeast Buick Regional. Registration form #1 is for the complete 3 days of the Meet and Tour. Because this is a touring event and the number of participants is limited, the Dixie Chapter decided to allow the October 27th Buick Gardens event to be either inclusive or exclusive of the 3 day event. In other words anyone (current BCA member or non-member) wishing to only attend the one day Buick Gardens event may do so by using Registration form #2.

There are a number of very nice hotels in downtown Athens (about 15 minutes from Buick Gardens) with parking in either attached or close-by parking decks. Rates are typically in the $120-$150 range. 

This is your chance to see what Heart of Dixie Southern Hospitality is all about. It will be fun, I gawrantee!!!!

Registration #1 (all 3 days)   PDF link to 3 day registration form

002.jpg.5cbcb9e461f82ef6c089f19afcc6282b.jpg

003.jpg.518006d9c2a47fedeeeaed9edea88550.jpg

Registration #2 (for the one day Buick Gardens event)  PDF link for one day registration

004.jpg.93519e7a31908146ee570db41cdf36be.jpg

005.jpg.ed44d8d0bf174c19af777e962ef0b34b.jpg

• Like 2

Checking the driving distance now…….haven’t been to a Buick meet since the mid 90’s in South Bend.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Yee haw!!! That’d be awesome. Plans are to do some photo shoots 😀

You can put some miles on it if you like………👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do we know what "limited attendence" means?  I do not want to register and take a space that one of the chapter members should have.  Thinking I'll use form #2 and just make my own driving tour on backroads from NC to GA

3 minutes ago, NC-car-guy said:

Do we know what "limited attendence" means?  I do not want to register and take a space that one of the chapter members should have.  Thinking I'll use form #2 and just make my own driving tour on backroads from NC to GA

They set the limit at 35 Matt but I don’t think they expect that many. But yeah either way, get off 85 and 95 and there are a lot of old backroads through little country towns that would be fun to travel through on the way. 

Your regular room at Buick Garden Inn is already booked but there’s plenty of tent and camper spots 😊

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update:

For your convenience here are clickable links to BOTH registration forms.

1. The The Southeast Region Meet and Tour, a 3 day event Oct 26-28

2. The Buick Gardens Shindig, a one day event October 27

The "Buick Gardens Shindig" is a BCA event, so it was explained to me that in order to meet their insurance requirements attendees must be BCA members. I know some of you may not currently be members but for $5, for one day you can be. The other $25 will go toward a fantastic southern country buffet, live band, tables, chairs, and a porta-potty (unless I can get the outhouse built in time which is pretty low on my to-do list). Here is the buffet menu:

Tossed Salad, Salad Tomatoes, croutons and dressings
Fried Chicken
Pork chops and gravy
Mashed potatoes
Black Eyed  peas
Collards
Squash casserole
Rolls/cornbread
Banana Pudding
Peach Cobbler

For those coming in and staying over for the Buick Gardens Shindig there are lots of hotels in Athens, about 20 minutes away. One fairly economical and nice hotel with a historic feel is located next to an old Foundry turned bar and music venue. The Graduate Athens  No rooms will be blocked out and while their is no home Georgia Bulldogs football game that weekend, I would still recommend getting reservations early!

For those wishing to ruff it, there is plenty of tent and limited camper space (NO HOOKUPS) around Buick Pond.

The Buick Gardens Shindig will be the event many of you have spoken of through-out my Buick Sales and Service thread and will be the culmination of the 10 years long build, sort of a Grand Opening one might say. I hope you all will consider making the trip, prefarably in your Buicks and joining us for a day of Buicks, good food, Buicks, good fun, Buicks and most of all finally meeting each other or rejoining in the comradarie and friendships we've had all these years. It promises to be a day that will not soon be forgotten....  y'all come!!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

• 2 weeks later...

I've got my time off set up.  I have the registration filled out, need to mail it.  Planning to take my time driving down on the 26th and a casual return ride on the 28th.  Anyone in NC going?

@Pete Phillips any chance you are going?  I'll bring your transmission.

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, nationals are done, and just over 3 months until this event.  I'm starting to figure out mapping of my route from New Bern, NC to Buick Gardens, GA.  This will be my longest trip in an old Buick 🙂  I've put just over 9k on my 57 since I bought it. It holds 170 degrees at 70mph in 97-degree weather, I have a spare water pump, t-stat, tools, and jumper box.  Thinking of packing a spare starter and generator also (if I can find them in the move).   I do need to get to the exhaust shop and get the driver side pipe amended as it currently touches the starter.   Trying to get some of my local chapter members to sign up to go too.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Machine Gun said:

I mailed in my registration last week. Looking forward to meeting you guys and seeing Buick Gardens. 

That's fantastic news Jim. It was beginning to look like one of those  "What if I throw a party and nobody comes" deals.  Great, now you can carry the cash register up the hill from the old barn to the new garage.

• Haha 3

• 4 weeks later...

Received this wonderful voicemail from Mr Artie Sedmont (sp?). Returned his call with a message but yet to hear back. Hope to hear back from him and hear more about his car collection. 

IMG_1327.jpeg.3dafa5c8aab775f92d4d20d5f6a41fbb.jpegIMG_1328.jpeg.c535566a38068583352534b9f5dd1e89.jpeg

Here’s hoping all you folks who ARE still blessed with the ability to drive are making plans to join in the festivities of at least the one day Buick Gardens shindig. It’s going to be a hoot and would love to see you all. 

• Like 5

Must have been under a rock. Not sure how I missed the info on this one. It’s tempting to make the trip for the one-day event. Not sure if my Centurion will be back up and running to make the trip but, maybe I can be excused if I show up in a Park Avenue?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, parkertom said:

Must have been under a rock. Not sure how I missed the info on this one.

Must be a BIG ass rock and the same one apparently lots of others here are under😆. If not the Centurion then the ParkAv, or what's ailin the '60 convertible? Just come on dude!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrEarl said:

Must be a BIG ass rock and the same one apparently lots of others here are under😆. If not the Centurion then the ParkAv, or what's ailin the '60 convertible? Just come on dude!

I need to visit the forum more often and not just frequent the few that pop up in my email when new comments are added.

The 60 isn’t prepped for a long trip and I am not that brave. Will work on the details and see if I can make it work. Just a few days before my birthday so, maybe a birthday trip is in order!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, parkertom said:

I need to visit the forum more often and not just frequent the few that pop up in my email when new comments are added.

bofus brother

29 minutes ago, parkertom said:

The 60 isn’t prepped for a long trip and I am not that brave. Will work on the details and see if I can make it work

I have a local friend who will probably car bomb the event with his '60 Chevy convertible, thought the 60 would show him up. he he 

32 minutes ago, parkertom said:

Just a few days before my birthday so, maybe a birthday trip is in order!

and a few days after my birthday, I'll be savin up celebratin that til the 27th

• Like 2

Just one of the many beautiful Buicks that will be coming to Buick Gardens, October 27th for the Buick Gardens Shindig.  Deadline for registration is September 25th. Here is a link to the one day event.
Hope to see you here.
1937 Buick Roadmaster Franay Bodied Towncar owned by Ashby Armstead of Wilmington NC

Screenshot2023-08-19at08-48-50TheBuickBugle-October20202.png.d25ec378951121b23051d85e0bd10952.png

Screenshot2023-08-19at08-42-41TheBuickBugle-October2020.png.1d86ca244e740691be497df2ef9ad432.png

• Like 7

On 8/15/2023 at 7:36 PM, parkertom said:

The 60 isn’t prepped for a long trip and I am not that brave. 

My 57 just turned over to 104k.  The engine was poorly maintained by previous owner (only had 5psi oil pressure when I got it).   She leaks oil, trans fluid, and right now has a gas leak at the tank.    I plan to fix the exhaust and the gas leak and let er' rip.  🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, JohnD1956 said:

Are you sure it isn't just battery terminals that need cleaning?  

I'll check that this afternoon, however I know the left exhaust pipe touches the starter, and the starter has been getting slower and slower, today it just clunked.... lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NC-car-guy said:

I'll check that this afternoon, however I know the left exhaust pipe touches the starter, and the starter has been getting slower and slower, today it just clunked.... lol

Taking this to my thread under performance and modified so as not to hijack the meet thread.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

For all you procrastinators, REGISTRATION DEADLINE EXTENDED UNTIL OCTOBER 15th.  
And I’d like to thank all of you who’ve registered so far as well as those who’ve sent notes of regret that due to travel distances etc you won’t make it, we fully understand! 
I am pleasantly surprised to see folks coming all the way from Indiana, Maryland, New York, New Jersey, Virginia, Michigan, Tennessee, North Carolina, Florida and Alabama, thanks guys and gals! Sadly none from out west😟
It’s gonna be a fun day and evening. The band has agreed to play on until there’s no one left “standing”😁

Thought I’d mention, there is a really nice car museum about 100 miles northwest of Buick Gardens you might want to visit Saturday or Sunday. It borders the Chattahoochee National Forest and the leaves should be still in fall color. 

Savoy Car Museum in Cartersville

Can we get a show of hands of who’s coming. 😊

• Like 1