The identify this tool

halifaxhops

On 4/9/2023 at 8:56 AM, Gunsmoke said:

hmmm.. Steering Wheel Puller, or similar puller for something delicate, ring goes under 3 spokes and rubber protects against abrasion. Could have used one like it with larger ring on my Chrysler, I had to make up this Rube Goldberg method!

IMG_7870 (2).JPG

Love the hammer in the picture!  When all else fails….!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jimy said:

I’ve forgotten what it was or perhaps I never knew.

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I have several tools I've forgotten what they do and have surely used them for things they weren't intended to do. Hey, I knew when I bought them...

One of my friends looked at all my stuff a few years back and commented he felt bad for whoever had to settle my estate. I asked if he wanted the job and got a quick hell no.

I pointed out he was one of the few people besides me who knew what some of the stuff was.

I was told I had best start labeling it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I'm glad I'm not the only one!

I have several tools I've forgotten what they do and have surely used them for things they weren't intended to do. Hey, I knew when I bought them...

Glenn, I am in the same boat as you, last week I went through just 1 drawer on my tool box and had several tools I should have remembered what they were for and I drew a blank, as you stated I new I needed them when I purchased them lol.

Bob

• Like 2

On 8/8/2023 at 6:32 AM, halifaxhops said:

Whats it used for?

Picture 1 of 4

Setting drive shaft angles.  Since it has Kent Moore and a "J" tool number, J 23498-A on it, it was a GM Dealer essential tool.  The A indicates that it was the first design.  There may be more than one design, but the same basic tool.

Sit down when you see what they are worth today.

https://www.google.com/search?q=j+23498&client=opera&hs=OEF&sca_esv=559122478&hl=en&sxsrf=AB5stBiMEGYFpEF57TmluqigWN7lJ3MSgA:1692727001287&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjItPO86_CAAxWghIkEHddjBuAQ0pQJCNEI&biw=1691&bih=833&dpr=1.1

Edited by Larry Schramm (see edit history)

20 hours ago, Larry Schramm said:

Sit down when you see what they are worth today.

😳

Reminds me of the in-the-box set of 1960s Chevrolet rear axle dealer tools we found at a Carlisle meet around 2008.

Chevrolet bud and his brothers are heavy into 60s Chevelles and Camaros and that box of tools came back to Southern Virginia with us. He paid 60 bucks for the complete set and I think it had the inclinometer.