Decided to replace the Steering wheel on my Model T

I have to question the legitimacy of this video -

seems as though the view out the window is staged video,

and the driver never uses the hand controls-

also, at times the background becomes visible through the adjusting knob of the windshield's left stanchion.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but it just doesn't seem right.

• Like 2

Totally fake. Reminds of a Laurel & Hardy film.

Why is that motometer bobbing up and down while the rest of the car isn't?  Try to splain  Dat!

Terry

Edited by Terry Bond (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Why is that motometer bobbing up and down while the rest of the car isn't?  Try to splain  Dat!

Terry

Oh no, its completely real. Just like this:

• Haha 3

I like that video. I had the sound off so not sure what I may have missed but very clever use of video. It looks pretty straightforward changing the wheel, why not put a bit of humor along with it. Someone has way more computer skills than myself, I can barely add a pic to the thread, let alone making a video and editing the two together. Good Job.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Terry Bond said:

Terry

You want to see something mind boggling...  The "faux pro" camera is fixed hard and fast to the windshield.  Yet it turns with the car and the motormeter moves....  Must be in the circuitry!

• Like 2

On 11/26/2022 at 7:02 AM, TheModelTSpeedsterProject said:

You want to see something mind boggling...  The "faux pro" camera is fixed hard and fast to the windshield.  Yet it turns with the car and the motormeter moves....  Must be in the circuitry!

If the camera is mounted on a stabilizing gimbal, the camera will act exactly like that. 

Notice the camera doesn't shake excessively when he turns on the dirt road.

11 hours ago, Joe in Canada said:

Sorry they have multi disc plates. I was referring to a the regular clutch petal if you listen you can hear the difference in the video to a T engaging. But then again I never had my hearing aids in so exclude my comment. 

I'll be showing the clutch pedal in my next video.  Doesn't move much to go in and out of neutral but it's there and that is what I use when shifting.  As soon as youtube finishes "fixing it" I will release it.  10 seconds of music at the end and "copyright claim".  UGH.

Here's the right link - I had to fix an issue around the last 10 seconds because "someone else owns this video" - whatever...  Anyway - Joe in Canada - here's the clutch and it's massive pedal travel we talked about!

Edited by TheModelTSpeedsterProject (see edit history)