Antique Car Birthday Card

Paul Dobbin

Last week's Birthday brought Birthday wishes, several of which revolved around antique cars.   This Studebaker one seems to be a photograph of a 20's Studebaker on a wooden saw horse.   Looks like a photo of the car superimposed on a painting.  Makes me more comfortable with my Chinese lift.   Message was:  "They don;t make 'em like they used to, HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

We don't fix them like we used to either.   But, I like the dual sided whitewalls on the Studebaker!

StudebakerOnStand.jpg.b2e9e761cab4d7856135b2b1cbc6a961.jpg

• Like 7

After 66 trips around the sun and racking up a whole lotta miles, this is what I got on mine along with the comment that I could probably barbecue a pig with the candles on my cake!🙄IMG_1066.jpg

Course if there's roast pig involved that can't be a totally bad thing!😁 Just hope you don't set the garage on fire and have to use Bernie's fire extinguisher doing it!

• Haha 1

On 10/24/2022 at 7:20 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

Last week's Birthday brought Birthday wishes, several of which revolved around antique cars.   This Studebaker one seems to be a photograph of a 20's Studebaker on a wooden saw horse.   Looks like a photo of the car superimposed on a painting.  Makes me more comfortable with my Chinese lift.   Message was:  "They don;t make 'em like they used to, HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

We don't fix them like we used to either.   But, I like the dual sided whitewalls on the Studebaker!

StudebakerOnStand.jpg.b2e9e761cab4d7856135b2b1cbc6a961.jpg

I don't think a painting is involved...   Someone took the actual black and white photo (see link) and 'colorized' it like they do with old black and white movies.   I simply prefer the original black and white...   Link: https://www.ebay.com/itm/234327604315     Happy Belated Birthday!!!

• Like 1

Thanks guys!   I had a fun Birthday, lead a Leaf Peepers Tour through the countryside with 8 other antique cars and we all went to dinner together.   My wife brought a chocolate cake for all to share.  I never remember to take Pictures.   I drove my 34 Ford Fordor, followed by a 24 Model T Coupe,, a 28 Model A Roadster, a 35 Ford Fordor, a 36 Packard Sedan, a 40 Ford Coupe, a 57 T-Bird, a 66 Mustang Conv.,   Food, leaves and company was all good.  Now on to 78.

• Like 3

Experience is something I'm long on.   I've lived the Americn Dream with memories that are the stuff of other's Bucket Lists.  

The experiences contunue, retired at 55 with only regret, that I didn't do it at 50.  

• Like 1

On 10/25/2022 at 3:10 AM, Billy Kingsley said:

Happy belated Birthday! Mine was the 18th. 

Happy belated birthday, Billy.

Hopefully you got something cool to help complete one of your collections.

• Thanks 1