38 Buick Business Coupe $16,500 CT

Now that's a very nice car at a great price.  I like this better that the two tone black one in Kent, WA that was recently listed because of the color and the price. Beautiful car!

Edited by deac (see edit history)

Believe me, if we didn't just buy a car I would have been over there in a heartbeat.  Maybe one of us makes a deal here.  Like everyone else who follows fb market, in between every 50 turds is a fresh egg...  Makes ya go back every day!!

Somethings about the ad seem to point to longer term owner.  

@Gearheadengineer, the Lincoln up in Springfield sold, I think that shows strong interest in those even in a sedan.  

• Like 2

Initially, the deal looked too good to be true, which was concerning. At least now the deal does not look too good to be true. At that price, you could do a lot of correction to those problems and still not be underwater on the value of the car.  

• Like 3

No cheap way to properly fix the doors,  other than to cut the bottoms off and fabricate new ones,  as well as rockers are going ot need patchwork,  then repaint.  You will be under water.  That is what we know so far.  I'm guessing if there is that rust there is other rust including floor and bracing. 

Edited by auburnseeker (see edit history)

Well, at least the seller is being up-front about the flaws.  Still, if someone wants a fair weather driver and isn't looking for perfection this car could still fill the bill if the seller is willing to negotiate.  The latest information should, however, convince anyone still interested to go see it in person to fully assess its condition.

• Like 2

If the car is kept in good dry storage and not used or left in the rain.  It honestly probably won't get much worse.  Moisture is the enemy.  Don't wash it and keep it out of the rain.  I've had some old cars for 20 years.  A few had some bondo with a few blisters and none got worse.   For me unless I'm in love with something and know I won't find another,  I pass. 

• Like 2

I only speak for my experiences but I have an MG midget that had some Bondo with a little bit of bubbling and blistering when I bought it 10 years ago. It is never driven in the rain, it’s washed once every 12 to 18 months, dusted and lightly detailed in between times and it sits inside of a garage that is heated in the winter and I run a dehumidifier year-round.  Those minor flaws from 10 years ago have not changed one bit visibly on the outside of the car. Maybe it will fall apart at some point in time but I think I’ll be dead before that happens.

• Like 2

My 1937 model 41 had a replacement patch done. Thankfully just the one door bottom was bad. Not an easy job to be done correctly.

This was what the bottom of my driver's door looked like before the new patch was done. 1349372366_DiBarryBuick001.jpg.b3b59352862cb5493bace6ee26001df5.jpg

The old patch from the 1950s.

766298243_DiBarryBuick002.jpg.59091a7ed0e472326299dff880da3e84.jpg

DSCF1655.JPG.fecc10b6c80fdda547317cc2822861bb.JPG

• Like 3